January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

14 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

How is watkins consistently better? He has scored less goals every season?

Funny his best ever season for us goal wise when we had no fans

Their records are similar. Tammy has about 40 more goals but has Ollie has played 30 less games and the majority early in his carrier as a winger. Very little difference between the 2 both tend to scuff shots and both tend to score the majority of their goals in the box. Poor at penalties but work hard. Ings when used correctly is better than both.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Their records are similar. Tammy has about 40 more goals but has Ollie has played 30 less games and the majority early in his carrier as a winger. Very little difference between the 2 both tend to scuff shots and both tend to score the majority of their goals in the box. Poor at penalties but work hard. Ings when used correctly is better than both.

I still think tammy has kore to his game and under a top manager like emery you seea much better player

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

Cunha fired me to Champions League qualification on FM so I'm all for it 😉 Had a £38m release clause, dunno how reliable that is.

Hes 23 so I’m trying to gauge what potential the rest can see, he just simply hasn’t showed enough for me to be comfortable he will work magic for us.. lets look elsewhere but FM is quite realistic  

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I still think tammy has kore to his game and under a top manager like emery you seea much better player

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

Jose Mourinho isn’t a top manager? 

you beat me to it.

We are being linked with players, no better than what we have.....The journo's are having a feast.

We need to be very careful, we don't squander money for the sake of it.

I am aware that as our aspirations grow, the pot of players to make us better, shrinks.

We are in a tricky situation, where our judgment, needs to be spot on.

Its also well documented, buying  players, based on World cups ( tournament football) is not always a wise move.

I am not sure the right side of our defence is all what it should be, to challenge the top half.....but I guess UE will have his priorities.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Cunha looks an interesting prospect - if you had a front three of him, Watkins and Bailey you'd cause defences no end of hassle of problems.

I haven't seen him play, but......

scored 7 goals in 54 games for Athletico..........?

Our guys numbers, are better than that.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

We are being linked with players, no better than what we have.....The jourvo's are having a feast.

We need to be very careful, we don't squander money for the sake of it.

I am aware that as our aspirations grow, the pot of players to make us better, shrinks.

We are in a tricky situation, where our judgment, needs to be spot on.

Its also well documented, buying  players, based on World cups ( tournament football) is not always a wise move.

I am not sure the right side of our defence is all what it should be, to challenge the top half.....but I guess UE will have his priorities.

It can be interesting for us to discuss potential new players but we should resist placing undue credibility on journalists. Some may be worth our time but many are just playing with click-bate. I am sure UE will have his priorities with potential additions in mind. We now need to wait until the window opens and see what happens.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Tuchel, Mourinho this season

Edited by Zatman

50 minutes ago, TRO said:

I haven't seen him play, but......

scored 7 goals in 54 games for Athletico..........?

Our guys numbers, are better than that.

He's 1 in 3 per 90 minutes, I believe. 

Team building isn't as simple as how many goals a guy has scored, especially when he's 23 and still developing as a player. If he's a missing piece that helps complete the team, then we'll score more goals anyway and that is far more important.

My brain hurts reading this thread...  Why are we still talking about Tammy?  No chance Roma lets him go now.  Mourinho still rates him, even though he's going through a dry spell at the moment.

Going to be signing players out of left field again.  Cunha is interesting and would be the type I would expect us to be going after.   Someone not quite good enough to be regularly starting for a club like Atletico but could develop into something special after a few years of starts in the Premier League for us.  I also anticipate us splashing the cash on one high profile mercurial signing (someone like Yeremy Pino) this summer.  Exciting times ahead!

31 minutes ago, lexicon said:

He's 1 in 3 per 90 minutes, I believe. 

Team building isn't as simple as how many goals a guy has scored, especially when he's 23 and still developing as a player. If he's a missing piece that helps complete the team, then we'll score more goals anyway and that is far more important.

My issue with Cunha is we would be his 5th club in 6 seasons since he moved to Europe. at 23  that just raises some flags for me

• Like 1