January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

1 hour ago, messi11 said:

Thuram > Abraham

Based on what?

I think that is very unknown and they have different profiles of playing positions and also scoring.  I’m not saying Thurman isn’t better or worse but currently there is little for true comparison between the two.

Just now, nick76 said:

Based on what?

I think that is very unknown and they have different profiles of playing positions and also scoring.  I’m not saying Thurman isn’t better or worse but currently there is little for true comparison between the two.

Kill Vill when we sign him

48 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Based on what?

I think the main issue I have with signing Tammy is that we would have to overpay for him, whereas Thuram is undervalued due to his contract running out.

18 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I think the main issue I have with signing Tammy is that we would have to overpay for him, whereas Thuram is undervalued due to his contract running out.

I don’t disagree.  Overall with wages and fee it would be cheaper, my issue was more about Thuram vs Tammy football wise.  It’s hard to compare them as Tammy has been that central striker and scored regularly although seasons vary in success but also has experience in the PL.  Thuram is mixed and has played a lot at left wing and thus both positionally is only comparable partially, and goal scoring is difficult to assess plus no experience in this league.  None of that is a reason for no on Thuram just comparing them seems too hard.  Tammy we know what we get whereas Thuram we don’t, I don’t know which is better.  I’m just going to accept whatever Emery wants on this I think.

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

It was a terrible pun based on your misspelling 😉

Ahhh I realise, auto correct seems to changed it when I was writing and only noticed that on the last comment I’ve done above

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Based on what?

Based on Value on the transfer (Thuram at 8-15 mil vs Abraham at £45Million)
Based on form (This season and career)
Based on potential 

One is at the World Cup with France, One is watching it on the TV. 

Edited by messi11

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Based on what?

What makes you think Tammy would be a good signing? Nostalgia?

26 goals in 89 PL appearances. I thought we wanted to get away from the 1 in 4 strikers?  

Edited by messi11

3 minutes ago, messi11 said:

What makes you think Tammy would be a good signing?

26 goals in 89 PL appearances. I thought we wanted to get away from the 1 in 4 strikers?  

Thuram has 30 goals in 96 games in the Bundesliga and has a 1 in 5 career record

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Thuram has 30 goals in 96 games in the Bundesliga and has a 1 in 5 career record

He also played wide a lot of those games! Left wing. So its impressive.
Tammy always been a striker.

Thuram's reaching his potential and getting better whilst Tammy's potential has stalled. 

image.png

Thuram at 10 Mil or Tammy at 45+ Mil is an easy decision. 

Edited by messi11
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

no league goals in 11 games this season, and only 6 in 40 overall for Atletico?

Not sure thats a clever purchase?

I wouldn't be too focused on stats for any players we are linked with, Emery made Danjuma look like a superstar.