January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Watkins is a better player if you think scoring goals isnt important.

Tammy dont become a bad player over night. I eprsonalky think he is

A) homesick

B) anyone would want to leave that clown mourinho

except for the 500th time Watkins has consistently a much better XG than Tammy

He cant score goals in a team with Pellegrini, Dybala and Zaniolo feeding him

• Thanks 1

Just now, Zatman said:

How is watkins consistently better? He has scored less goals every season?

Funny his best ever season for us goal wise when we had no fans

Edited by Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

How is watkins consistently better? He has scored less goals every season?

Funny his best ever season for us goal wise when we had no fans

because thats not how XG works

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

because thats not how XG works

Just because a XG seems better doesnt mean your a better player. I reckon ollie in italy would be a bigger flop than tammy has been.

Its not easy in italy especially with the crap football mourinho plays.

Tammys not as bad as u make out

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Just because a XG seems better doesnt mean your a better player. I reckon ollie in italy would be a bigger flop than tammy has been.

Its not easy in italy especially with the crap football mourinho plays.

Tammys not as bad as u make out

so a stat that rates strikers finishing means nothing 

again Roma dont play shit football, they just dont have a good finisher to score goals especially since Dybala went down injured

Edited by Zatman
  • Shocked 1

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

so a stat that rates strikers finishing means nothing 

again Roma dont play shit football, they just dont have a good finisher to score goals especially since Dybala went down injured

A horrible miss, but a brilliant run.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I've said for years we should sign him, our chance went when he signed for Roma and we wasted our money on Ings.

He isn't worth the risk/reward ratio at 50m 

Edited by paul514
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, nick76 said:

I don’t care who Emery buys, I just think we need a new striker.  

I worry Thuram has rarely played as a striker or in the PL and I worry about Tammy’s cost.  

Whoever Emery wants I’m 100% behind and just want them to be a success but I find it hard to distinguish between Tammy and Thuram because they are different type of players and have very different pros and cons so I don’t see how anybody can say one is better than the other.

I am of the opinion we should sign no one until the summer unless a real opportunity comes up to sign someone we wouldn't be able to do so otherwise for some reason.

We need to see who does well and what holes we have under Emery's system.

If we are smart we will keep him around for for a few years at least.

• Like 2

I mean it all sounds good without the stats.. Brazilian, 6’0 ft , 23 y/o BUT we need to be sensible and there are much better options out there for us and realistic enough too. What is a shame is that Rafael Leao and Julian Alvarez were quite close to signing for us from what was reported especially the latter and now both are shining for different teams 

10 hours ago, paul514 said:

I am of the opinion we should sign no one until the summer unless a real opportunity comes up to sign someone we wouldn't be able to do so otherwise for some reason.

We need to see who does well and what holes we have under Emery's system.

If we are smart we will keep him around for for a few years at least.

Given Emery’s focus on detail and analysis he likely knows the deficiencies of our squad and ideas of players who he wants.  More time and our players having different coaching might change that over the coming months or years but Emery may still know what he wants to do both now and in the future.  

I’m good whether he wants to make changes now or hold off or more likely a mixture of both.  Emery will have watched many of our older games by now and see them in training for a couple months by the time the January window opens.  I wouldn’t be surprised if we make some changes in January but maybe it’ll wait until the summer.

To be honest, none of us have any idea what Emery is going to do transfers wise or where he thinks the holes are.  It’s going to be an interesting few transfer windows.  If he doesn’t do anything in January I’d be surprised but I’ll put my trust in him whatever he does.  I hope he’s here and successful for a very long time.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RicRic said:

What is a shame is that Rafael Leao and Julian Alvarez were quite close to signing for us from what was reported

I’m not sure either we’re to be honest or I’m not convinced it was our side that the deal failed.  The fact of who they signed for makes me assume conversations behind closed doors were being had or they were holding out for bigger clubs.  We get deals done at Villa, generally when it doesn’t happen under this ownership it’s not for lack of effort and money.

• Like 1