January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

1 hour ago, sne said:

11pm on Tuesday January 31 (according to SKY Sports)

Have they said when it closes for the top 6? 

43 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think Ziyech on loan is all we'll get. Which tbh is fine

Have offered him to Roma for 20 million, so they want to sell. 

I wouldnt buy him, even a loan is underwhelming

• Like 1

1 minute ago, burchy said:

I can see us perhaps signing some of the up and coming talent now but for next year, the likes of Moleiro, Osario etc

Would make sense. The current starting 11 got 5 wins from 7. Its good enough to compete with the top 10 this season. 
Then we can give Moleiro, Osario and Duran game time from the bench. 

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Have offered him to Roma for 20 million, so they want to sell. 

I wouldnt buy him, even a loan is underwhelming

I think his versatility across the attack is why he'd be useful. He can play up top with Ollie, he can play RM or he can play as a SS/10. I'd be fine with a Loan move. We need to add an attacker

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

In Ellis slight defence he could then point at Leeds, Newcastle and Chelsea before Abramovich of clubs that threw lots of money at it and were financially wrecked with little to show for it

In my opinion, there can be no defence for how Ellis mismanaged our club.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

In my opinion, there can be no defence for how Ellis mismanaged our club.

I'm reading Dennis Mortimer's excellent book and it would be safe to say he wasn't a fan of ellis, for the way you just mentioned 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

I'm reading Dennis Mortimer's excellent book and it would be safe to say he wasn't a fan of ellis, for the way you just mentioned 

I met Dennis at a Cornwall Lions do last year and he told me then that he despises Ellis

• Like 2

2 hours ago, burchy said:

I can see us perhaps signing some of the up and coming talent now but for next year, the likes of Moleiro, Osario etc

This is what I intimated the other day

Contingency and succession planning , also the possibility that one of the youngsters could flourish quicker than expected.

Much rather this than chucking money for the sake of it.

Re-evaluate again in summer.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

We're apparently keen on Jack Harrison, can't say I've ever rated him, had one good season in Leeds first season back in Premier League, but hasn't been good since, and wasn't even that good in the Championship. Leicester have had a bid rejected.

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This is what I intimidated the other day

Contingency and succession planning , also the possibility that one of the youngsters could flourish quicker than expected.

Much rather this than chucking money for the sake of it.

Re-evaluate again in summer.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, useless said:

We're apparently keen on Jack Harrison, can't say I've ever rated him, had one good season in Leeds first season back in Premier League, but hasn't been good since, and wasn't even that good in the Championship. Leicester have had a bid rejected.

For me, enough getting players from the PL (apart from the odd loan or some situations). We need to build something. Gambling on someone who might be great better than getting an average PL player who we know their limits. 

Don’t mind the likes of Dendonker as we lacked physicality and squad by then. But that’s it. We can’t get average players and expect them to improve our starting 11. While getting Duran or Osorio could get you a future superstar (or fail, but we won’t lose as much as getting someone who we know their limits and probably overpay).

25 minutes ago, useless said:

Headless chicken type. We can do better.