Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Wish people would have a day off, just the same s*** in every thread.

It's monotonous.

The only way it changes is the on the pitch.  You can’t be upbeat when things aren’t upbeat so I don’t know what you are expecting.  This forum is either going to be the same as now or nobody posts until something changes.  Then it’s your choice whether you choose to read it every day.

If things change whether with Gerrard or a new manager then we still have a chance to run for top 7.  I don’t think our players are good enough but we won’t know that while we are playing as we are and that’s Gerrard’s fault.  

So going for top 7 as per the thread is unknown currently with this bunch of players.

Edited by nick76

57 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

U ok hun?

I am good and great, no need to concern yourself. Many thanks! 

giphy.gif

15 minutes ago, nick76 said:

The only way it changes is the on the pitch.  You can’t be upbeat when things aren’t upbeat so I don’t know what you are expecting.  This forum is either going to be the same as now or nobody posts until something changes.  Then it’s your choice whether you choose to read it every day.

If things change whether with Gerrard or a new manager then we still have a chance to run for top 7.  I don’t think our players are good enough but we won’t know that while we are playing as we are and that’s Gerrard’s fault.  

So going for top 7 as per the thread is unknown currently with this bunch of players.

I know it isn't particularly fun at the moment for us Villa fans but I try to see some positives every now and again.

There is some much negativity here it is getting monotonous. And as you say I do try and stay away every now and again because it is also boring to hear the same rhetoric.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I know it isn't particularly fun at the moment for us Villa fans but I try to see some positives every now and again.

There is some much negativity here it is getting monotonous. And as you say I do try and stay away every now and again because it is also boring to hear the same rhetoric.

All my positives are about stuff off the pitch (mens first team) to be honest, from the owners, the stadium, the youth, the womens team.  That is all brilliant…the win against City the other day was amazing.  

On the pitch, I’m really struggling aside from a few purchases like Kamara.  The top 7 looks like a pipe dream at the moment and I was worried about achieving top 10 this season under Gerrard so top 7 I never entertained.  

The bits of positive on the pitch aren’t there enough for me to grab onto any hope that it may grow because the negative side comes back in force.  

So yes the same rhetoric is repeated but it’s a forum to write stuff and when it is in the dark hole at the moment it will be written as we are in a dark hole, only on the pitch can that change the mood on this forum.  

Top 7 is a goal at some point but how we are playing and performing at the moment that is just a dream.  The forum is a negative mood because the football guides that.  If the mood on here was positive in the current state I would be more worried because we would have accepted we are rubbish, playing boring football and achieving poor results.  That should never be the case given the off the pitch infrastructure.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, nick76 said:

I think our squad is probably good enough for 7th IF we have a big slice of good luck and one of two of the usual 6-8th place teams have a bad season. 

So it's certainly possible, but made much harder by the terrible start we've had, the injuries we've got, and the low confidence courtesy of the manager.

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

This and the relegation thread is going to help disguise the fact that we are going to finish mid table with no cup decent cup runs. So could be worse or could be better..

Perhaps someone should open a “race for mid-table” thread.

Then we would have all the angles covered. 🙂

• Like 1

If we can somehow continue to consistently grind out points like we did against Southampton then we may put ourselves in with a shout. We did afterall grind out a point against Man City too lets not forget and only really lost to West Ham due to a fluke. A lot of games in the Prem it seems are very similar at the moment. I watched the Everton v West Ham game and that was similar too I felt. Again a 1-0 home win. 

It's our away form which clearly needs addressing however.

On 04/09/2022 at 02:41, messi11 said:

Enough of the doom and gloom, For all the positive Villains out there like me, lets dream of European Football Next Season! 
I feel like we have the players for sure its just putting it together to make it tick. 

Can we do it? 

Not sure if has already been said but it’s Villans!

50 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

If we can somehow continue to consistently grind out points like we did against Southampton then we may put ourselves in with a shout. We did afterall grind out a point against Man City too lets not forget and only really lost to West Ham due to a fluke. A lot of games in the Prem it seems are very similar at the moment. I watched the Everton v West Ham game and that was similar too I felt. Again a 1-0 home win. 

It's our away form which clearly needs addressing however.

Instead of talking about grinding out a point against Man $ity and beating Saints 1-0.How about comparing our last games against Man $ity and Saints?

Last season we lost to Man $ity 3-2 but were easily the better team,till SG bought on Nakamba.so,IMHO our gerformance Vs Man $ity was worse than last season.

Against Saints,last season we beat them 4-0,this season we scraped a draw.So,comparing those 2 performances,we have got worse ( a lot worse )

Gerradr out,he has had more than enough time to get it right.

On 20/09/2022 at 02:33, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Wish people would have a day off, just the same s*** in every thread.

It's monotonous.

Be the change you want to see in the VT world. 

Personally I think your martial arts disciplines and philosophies reads true when you speak and is always welcome in my view.

Edit: truth is stranger than fiction. Made my post before reading on to see the Bruce Lee imagery.

Edited by A'Villan
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, messi11 said:

Already looking at hotel prices In the cities of Cyprus, Moldova and Serbia next year for our European campaign 

We are 'prepared'.

A great man once suggested tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today. 

• Like 1