Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

12 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Anyone have any idea why the Emery thread is locked at all guys ? Mistake or doing some deep cleaning ? 

Gerrard broke in and threw a tin of beans over a picture of Emery. Mods are just washing it off now. 

Edited by It's Your Round
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Anyone have any idea why the Emery thread is locked at all guys ? Mistake or doing some deep cleaning ? 

The whole Emery as manager was just a mistake. We’ve really hired Sam Allardyce.

On 26/10/2022 at 04:52, abdulaziz1 said:

Europe aswell. 😁

FA Cup winners qualify for Europa League, League Cup winners qualify for Europa Conference.  If the winners of either cup are already qualified for Europe, the spot goes to the league.

1 hour ago, messi11 said:

Beat Newcastle and we are right up there! 

Nothing qrong with being ambitious  but with our run of games coming up its going to be very unrealistic for top 7 this year. Emery cant produce miracles. We needed more wins from the set of fixtures we had and gerrard blew it hence why he git the axe

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Nothing qrong with being ambitious  but with our run of games coming up its going to be very unrealistic for top 7 this year. Emery cant produce miracles. We needed more wins from the set of fixtures we had and gerrard blew it hence why he git the axe

Every game is winnable in the PL. Even a poor Gerrard Villa side can get a point against Man City and should of beaten Chelsea.
If we had a better manager we would of beat Leeds, Forrest and Chelsea in our recent run, Even if we was that little 5% better

Being best of the bad bunch will get you a midtable place because there are so many bad teams this season.
Brighton haven't won a game since Potter left. Can Fulham and Newcastle keep up this consentience form?

No reason why this Villa team can keep picking up points and moving up the table. 

21 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Every game is winnable in the PL. Even a poor Gerrard Villa side can get a point against Man City and should of beaten Chelsea.
If we had a better manager we would of beat Leeds, Forrest and Chelsea in our recent run, Even if we was that little 5% better

Being best of the bad bunch will get you a midtable place because there are so many bad teams this season.
Brighton haven't won a game since Potter left. Can Fulham and Newcastle keep up this consentience form?

No reason why this Villa team can keep picking up points and moving up the table. 

I definitely think we can, but 7th is too ambitious. I don't think we are even close to be able to compete for that. I predict a bit of a humbling tomorrow, that will probably brings us back to earth a bit. I also predict a bit of a rough start for our new manager as he tries to get his ideas across, feels out the squad and implement his coaching methods. 

These predictions might fall way short of the mark, but we are on a bit of a high now after the sacking of Gerrard, the amazing reaction against Brentford and the appointment of one of the most successful manages in our recent history, and we tend to let the pendulum swing wildly between utter pessimism and pure optimism. We should do well to temper ourselves a bit, if nothing else for our own mental health. For that reason I say 7th isn't just too ambitious, it's somewhat insane to even suggest it currently. 😅  Then again, I've been here a while now, and we are all utterly nuts. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, daft said:

I definitely think we can, but 7th is too ambitious. I don't think we are even close to be able to compete for that. I predict a bit of a humbling tomorrow, that will probably brings us back to earth a bit. I also predict a bit of a rough start for our new manager as he tries to get his ideas across, feels out the squad and implement his coaching methods. 

These predictions might fall way short of the mark, but we are on a bit of a high now after the sacking of Gerrard, the amazing reaction against Brentford and the appointment of one of the most successful manages in our recent history, and we tend to let the pendulum swing wildly between utter pessimism and pure optimism. We should do well to temper ourselves a bit, if nothing else for our own mental health. For that reason I say 7th isn't just too ambitious, it's somewhat insane to even suggest it currently. 😅  Then again, I've been here a while now, and we are all utterly nuts. 

I think we can win tomorrow! Its a 51% vs 49% game.
A draw will be a good result too :) 

• Like 1