Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

On 21/10/2022 at 02:14, ender4 said:

6 points behind 8th place.  

Get Poch in and see if we can claw back 6 points over the next 25 games.

Its actually not as hard as it looks if we hire the right manager.

4 points behind 8th place now.

Poch or Emery or another good manager should be able to catch that up in the next 24 games even with our harder games to come.

- 78 Points left to play for
- Currently stuck on 12 Points
- Gerrard finished with 45 points last season 
- West Ham got Europe on 56 points last season.
                         56 -12 = 44

44 more points needed European Football! Can we manage it? 

1 minute ago, Lupinthe5th said:

I'd be happy with Emery bettering Gerrard season of 45 points. 50 points would be nice! 

Agree with that. 14th whats a terrible season last year. If he tops that to start with then im happy.

Emery is a top manager im willing to give him time to turn us into a force. Wont be a over night fix. Fans need to be patient 

This league is tight. If we had the hard run already and were going into the supposedly easier run of fixtures we have just had i would be looking up the table. But we arent . We could play really well and still be in the lower quarter of the table by the time of the mini break. But i think that with Emery we are getting a virtually guaranteed storming second half of the season post World Cup  . Where that takes us is anyones guess. But if we can get to 11th by the end of the season i would class that as a brilliant season. 

And seeing those photos of Kamara back on the pitch just now makes me soooo happy

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Agree with that. 14th whats a terrible season last year. If he tops that to start with then im happy.

Emery is a top manager im willing to give him time to turn us into a force. Wont be a over night fix. Fans need to be patient 

But based on what we saw v Brentford the players are capable. I credited Danks with that and maybe Emery had a word too. Which would be even better. 

I don't think it's gonna take that long to see improvements 

• Like 1

I anticipate us coming back from the WC break ready to roll with Emery's style of play and we start consistently winning and taking points from everyone resulting in a very strong finish to the season.  We may miss out on Europe just do to the fact that we let too many points drop in the first 1/3rd of the season and waiting too long to sack Gerrard.

5 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I anticipate us coming back from the WC break ready to roll with Emery's style of play and we start consistently winning and taking points from everyone resulting in a very strong finish to the season.  We may miss out on Europe just do to the fact that we let too many points drop in the first 1/3rd of the season and waiting too long to sack Gerrard.

I'm not overly bothered about Europe yet. I'd rather win a cup first. Villa needs a trophy, its been too long

Edited by Talldarkandransome
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lupinthe5th said:

I'd take a FA Cup/League cup win and a relegation if someone offered it me. 

Not a chance for me.  Yes would always love to win a cup but relegation could be being in the wilderness for years, maybe decades like Forest were. Never want to be relegated whatever.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Not a chance for me.  Yes would always love to win a cup but relegation could be being in the wilderness for years, maybe decades like Forest were. Never want to be relegated whatever.

We would get straight up in my opinion. We have Emery 

Just now, Lupinthe5th said:

🤣Because "Emery is a cup manager"

But under that premise he wouldn’t get us promoted because he’s a cup manager 😂

Thank god this is just a joke discussion because we aren’t getting relegated.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Agree. I think the re-promotion of Villa by Dean Smith is a club-saving event in the club's history that can never be overstated. Relegation kills a brand. No one watches II Division football outside England, we just don't. It's possible to do, but not for the bloke in the street -- nope, you disappear. I'm only now seeing some "Villa awareness" increasing again in the States after the last damaging spell in the Championship. I mean, it's just football and all that, but I don't think we'd survive another relegation. End of global ambitions. Gone. 

• Like 1