Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

Leeds will still have everything to play for against Spurs in the last game after that Everton result which is nice. Fulham no longer can pass us so 9th at worst. Hopefully City do what they should then it's 8 at worst.

Still in our hands for Europe. Might not even need a win in the final game.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, useless said:

That draw means we now go into last day of season knowning if we beat Brigton we're guranteed seventh, so it's a very good point. And guess what, I wouldn't be surprised if Spurs aren't bothered about playing in Conference League anyway, so I think we will have a good chance, we might get it even if we lose to Brighton.

Still need to win if Brentford do.

Just now, sne said:

Leeds will still have everything to play for against Spurs in the last game after that Everton result which is nice. Fulham no longer can pass us so 9th at worst. Hopefully City do what they should then it's 8 at worst.

Still in our hands for Europe. Might not even need a win in the final game.

A few ifs involved there, I wouldn't put it past Brentford to do Citeh, who are due a shock at some point.

But bottom line is it's in our hands, which is nice. Always hate having to rely on favours elsewhere because they are so **** rare.

2 wins, 2 draws, 2 defeats in the last 6, a little bit erratic that.

(Obviously the 7 wins and 1 draws in the 8 before that was superb).

Cant quite believe we took it to the last day, with our destiny in our own hands, great stuff.

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

This completely defies logic 

Yes at this point it makes no sense to want it to happen, but working from the strong possibility it does happen, then it might help us in our game to get 7th But yeah i guess its wait and see first, Brighton might screw up and open the door for 6th

• Like 1

If we do if we don’t make Europe this time so be it , I’m staggered by what Unai and the lads are achieving , scared of no one and brave in build up play , in time the way we are playing with future transfer windows we will soon be back in Europe as a force again . UTV !

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

We're in a great spot for Europe now. 

If Brighton don't have 6th secured, we can beat them to get Europa League. 

If they already have 6th,they will be on the beach for the game against us. 

They got 2 games Sunday and Wednesday to play before us too. I'll expect them to have 6th, knackered, an on the beach. 

• Like 1

Not sure we could have worked harder for this chance at Europe - recent dropped points entirely down to a bare bones squad flagging and players returning a game or two too late. Then today's performance. Unai has squeezed every possible drop of effort out of this team. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

🤣🤣🤣  no chance that will happen, Leeds will fight and probably batter them. Spurs are terrible, Conte was right all along

We have to be prepared for anything now but yeah I think way this season has gone there's more chance of Brentford beating Man. City than Spurs beating Leeds now in the scenarios presented on final day.

End of the day we beat Brighton and we're in 7th no matter what happens elsewhere so that's the relatively simple task on offer.

If we draw then we're also in if Spurs and Brentford don't win so that's more the look at scores on your phone every two minutes scenario.

Just now, nepal_villan said:

Not greedy for Europa League.  Rather Brighton secure qualification before playing us.  Final game will then be a throw-away and they may even give fringe players playing time. 

One little subplot....Brighton and Brentford owners can't stand each other so they'll be doing nothing on final day to help Brentford out.

They rested a few regulars at Newcastle so I really can't see them playing that strong a team if they've secured 6th which they should do tomorrow. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1