Gerrard (new) poll - IN or OUT?

ender4

Gerrard - IN or OUT  

297 members have voted

1. 1. Keep or sack Gerrard

• Keep
    • Sack

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/08/22 at 22:59

I hate him first and foremost because my brother in law is a shallow glory hunting clearing in the woods who chose Liverpool to boost his otherwise irrelevant personality and because Stevie G is his hero. Seeing him get the sack would be a small price to pay. Fake, shite Scouse chancer. Piss off.

• Like 2

I’m always on the side of managers, I was with McLeish, Sherwood, Lambert and Bruce until right near the end.  Like literally until the week before they got sacked. 

and here I am moving from keeping Gerrard and waiting for improvements to Gerrard OUT.    

If I’m at this stage already, you can bet that Purslow and NSWE are there as well.

God this is so embarrassing :rolleyes:

Other fans will laugh at us.

**** off Gerrard. Mess off to League Two and learn your trade.

Disgrace he's been allowed to change our transfer policy and sign whoever he wants. Damning on Purslow and Lange.

I voted out. Am I swayed because of the utter dross served up today? Yes, absolutely. In reality, I still feel on the fence, but I just don't understand any of his decisions.

1. McGinn as captain is up there with one of the worst decisions I've seen a Villa manager make
  2. McGinn & Ramsey together for 3 straight games with similar issues -- we had the exact same issue last year with our midfield and we only replaced the guy who wasn't the issue (I don't think that's a bad thing, but it exposes the same problems over and over again)
  3. Konsa playing. Has been utter tripe for the good part of a year and he is still starting. 
  4. Tactics. I have zero clue the way which we want to play after 10 months except that we leave our fullbacks extremely high up and exposed. 
  5. Public comments just seem extremely abrasive and not conducive to a good locker room

For those who have voted keep, what are you seeing that I’m not?

What signs of imminent improvement or a fundamental strategy taking shape?

What I’m seeing is a team clueless all over the pitch, there is no synergy in attack and we see simple moves break down so often as players aren’t on the same wave length. 

The midfield balance is completely non-existent and the insistence on bombing our full backs on at every opportunity for ineffectual crosses only compounds this as it frequently forces Mcginn and Ramsey wide to cover resulting in Kamara being overloaded.

We have zero tempo when we get the ball and let the opposition settle to eventually end up back with Mings for a big boot forward.

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Disgrace he's been allowed to change our transfer policy and sign whoever he wants. Damning on Purslow and Lange.

Agreed. Everything we were told about a vision, and a way of running the club, a style of play from youth the the first team. In the bin, for Steven **** Gerrard.

I honestly think his appointment has set us back years

Â