Match Thread: Crystal Palace v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, R.Bear said:

People need to stop complaining about the pen. His arm was in an unnatural position. It's a blatant pen. We'd be screaming if it wasn't given for us.

I think it was probably a pen, but it was very soft, and his arm wasn’t in a completely unnatural position, as a lot of players put their arms up before they jump for a header. One of those which in the old days just wouldn’t have been given.

Ings for Bailey will not fix our issues. 

Next he will replace Buendia with Coutinho also not fixing anything just like for like personnel replacement. 

• Like 1

Just now, R.Bear said:

Be careful. It's dangerous to say that around here. Everything was going to be great when Buendia was selected to start. People wont like that reality.

Not at all. It's further proof, as if it were needed, that our manager has absolutely no clue how to set up a team.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

OK so I am now officially on the ITS SG FAULT band wagon. I have seen zero improvement since he came. he talks the talk but does not walk the walk. Surely its not all about how much you spend. Tactics and coaching must count for something or we could all take over and go and buy players . 

In real life as a manager in industry or sales etc he would not be given this amount of time. He would be on gardening leave or sacked without a golden hand shake for failing

But I still have optimism th\t he will fall on the right idea and then remember it  

Welcome to the wagon. I joined a couple of weeks ago and it’s pleasant here. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

People need to stop complaining about the pen. His arm was in an unnatural position. It's a blatant pen. We'd be screaming if it wasn't given for us.

Be careful. It's dangerous to say that around here. Everything was going to be great when Buendia was selected to start. People wont like that reality.

Was wondering when you’d turn up and be wrong

It was a ricochet. That’s not a penalty. He wasn’t purposefully having his arm out to deflect the ball.. common sense is lost. And no, I would hope VAR would rule that as not a penalty since it isn’t one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

David James was saying yesterday (about another team, possibly United) that when the players start having a go at each other and throwing their arms up at each other etc, it's usually a very bad sign.

Seems to happen when they get frustrated that the system they are told to play isn't working and is a bit shit. 

• Like 1