Relegation Battle - 22/23

Tayls

3 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Leicester, Leeds and Fulham are all potentially winnable. We won’t win all three though which will leave us in relegation trouble. 

I’m sure Leicester, Leeds and Fulham looking at the fixture list and thinking that Villa game, is definitely winnable.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

if this doesnt tell us we are in trouble, i dont know what does.

We are really missing Burnley and Norwich. thats 12 points gone from our season

• Like 1

Horrible week coming up. Wouldn't surprise me if we ship double figure goals between Arsenal and City combined. SG needs to find the words and action to limit the damage but losing today was a complete disaster. The players need to look at themselves too and ask where the energy and fight is! A miracle situation would be coming away with a single point 🤦

1 hour ago, viivvaa66 said:

I’m sure Leicester, Leeds and Fulham looking at the fixture list and thinking that Villa game, is definitely winnable.

Forest away on a Monday night is certainly the sort of fixture we'll meekly lose under this manager aswell. Certainly one Steve Cooper will be circling as three points in the games they have over next two months.

Perfect time for new manager to come in is Southampton at home. Winnable game and it's on a Friday night so atmosphere will be much more lively compared to weekend games nowadays.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, messi11 said:

Next 7 games are tough just cant see a win under Gerrard

Arsenal  - Loss
Manchester City  - Loss
Leicester City   - Loss 
Leeds United    - Loss
Nottingham Forest    - Loss
Chelsea    - Loss
Fulham    - Loss

Thats 1 point from 21 

😭

You are the best poster on this site

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The thing for me is that we dont have a premier league star anymore, we effectively have 16 premier league players of similar quality/value. The problem is, the likes of west ham, Crystal palace etc can field 10 premier league players similar to ours, but also have an 11th player who is a star. The likes of Rice and Zaha can grab a game which is drifting and be the difference. Grealish did this for us so often, but we didnt replace him with a top player or even 2 close to top players.

21 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

Club and players are mentally weake no ticker or fight honestly to many school boys at villa.

saw an interesting stat that on average our first 11 id about 5ft 11, thats including ppl like Martinez and Mings in there, so it shows just how small and lightweight our squad is.

We need some steel.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, slovenian said:

well that escalated quickly... from dreaming european nigthts to going to away games in wigan

We can still challenge for europe if we get a new manager in asap!