Relegation Battle - 22/23

Tayls

Just now, duke313 said:

And people on here want Rodgers.

Why wouldn't they? He's finished 2nd and 5th twice in premier league and won FA cup in last decade.

It's fizzling out for him at Leicester now but not the first manager that's happened to, Spurs were about 12th when Poch was sacked I think and Chelsea were barely above relegation zone in Mourinho's second spell. It just happens sometimes as we saw with Dean here.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Got a lot of pedigree. Done well with Leicester. 

Massive step up from what we've currently got. 

Yeah, but come on. No need to get shaggy dog in just because the mutt we have stinks and looks like crap. 

Then again, I usually harp on about us having to accept our destiny as perennial mid-tablers and lower, so get him in! 😁

2 minutes ago, daft said:

Yeah, but come on. No need to get shaggy dog in just because the mutt we have stinks and looks like crap. 

Then again, I usually harp on about us having to accept our destiny as perennial mid-tablers and lower, so get him in! 😁

He's not my first choice or dream manager but he'd be a significant upgrade. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

He's not my first choice or dream manager but he'd be a significant upgrade. 

Seriously I swear you are just trying to get me to off myself. 

Jesus **** we are ****. 😭

Edited by daft

46 minutes ago, daft said:

Seriously I swear you are just trying to get me to off myself. 

Jesus **** we are ****. 😭

Rodgers win percentage is far higher than any of our recent managers. Even going back to his Swansea days he had a win percentage in the mid 40s. He’d be a significant step up for us, but I don’t think he’d take on the job.

52 minutes ago, tinker said:

The pressure at villa would send him back to his Liverpool collapse days. 

I always had a problem with that horrible almost carpet looking tie he wore at Liverpool. What's the lady boy scene like in Brum, asking for my mate Brendan?

7 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Rodgers win percentage is far higher than any of our recent managers. Even going back to his Swansea days he had a win percentage in the mid 40s. He’d be a significant step up for us, but I don’t think he’d take on the job.

That might be, but it really doesn't say much, guarantee nothing and is more of the same thinking that got us Gerrard. He's certainly got a better CV.

We could easily be bottom in two games time, how could he genuinely survive that?

Hopefully the next manager can come in and win three  of his first four and then we could get back quickly into mid table, that's why we can't let things just drift until world cup as then 15/16 vibes start appearing.