Relegation Battle - 22/23

Tayls

1 hour ago, daft said:

On .y phone and canubw arsed, what's the average amoun of losses needed to get relegated? 

Don't know, but a good rule of thumb is you're likely to stay up with 10 wins. We draw so few matches under this manager we might need 11 or even 12, but 10 is a good target for a deeply shit side (which we are).

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, messi11 said:

Looks like its 20/21

I like how you still delivered even though I apparently just didn’t bother to check spelling and also appears to have had a small stroke as I typed, considering what came out. Thanks! ❤️

Maybe even with a better manager our players just aren't good enough. 

Maybe we are just at a lower mid table level and we've fooled ourselves into thinking we're close to being a Europe contender.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Maybe we are just at a lower mid table level and we've fooled ourselves into thinking we're close to being a Europe contender.

We're miles off europe. Let's at least try to finish 9th-11th range and try to build on that next season.

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

Today we say how improved the midfield looked when Gerrard finally played Luiz.

And there are more players on the bench that are better than the one on the pitch.

With the right manager we would literally be a different team.

3 hours ago, turvontour said:

The thing for me is that we dont have a premier league star anymore, we effectively have 16 premier league players of similar quality/value. The problem is, the likes of west ham, Crystal palace etc can field 10 premier league players similar to ours, but also have an 11th player who is a star. The likes of Rice and Zaha can grab a game which is drifting and be the difference. Grealish did this for us so often, but we didnt replace him with a top player or even 2 close to top players.

we do, we have actually 2/3in Coutinho the 3rd highest transfer in history plus Bailey/Buendia. we just have a clown who doesnt want to risk them together or just one at a time

1 hour ago, daft said:

On .y phone and canubw arsed, what's the average amoun of losses needed to get relegated? 

Burnley got relegated last season with 17 losses, we lost 19 last season

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, maqroll said:

It’s possible, but we’ve signed a lot of players who weren’t lower level when they came here. If true we have ruined them.

7 hours ago, maqroll said:

This. SG isn't the first one to struggle with roughly this lot. I have not seen a thing that suggests they are anywhere near top half quality. Hopefully a new manager might unlock their potential, but I think they are just shit at football too.

7 hours ago, maqroll said:

We have the best squad we have had in a long time. We have a manager who is winging it week to week and doesn’t know what he is doing.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, maqroll said:

Seriously? 

I'm not surprised one of the people who liked this. Hilarious. 

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Seriously? 

I'm not surprised one of the people who liked this. Hilarious. 

To be honest I think you are mental if you think the players are good enough. Don’t know how people who actually watch premier league football expect us to finish about 11th? What 9 teams do we have better players than 

3 minutes ago, grobs said:

To be honest I think you are mental if you think the players are good enough. Don’t know how people who actually watch premier league football expect us to finish about 11th? What 9 teams do we have better players than 

Good enough for what? To guarantee a top half finish? Probably not. To challenge and push for a top half finish? Absolutely. 

To be good enough to win more than 3 games from the last 15. **** yes.