Relegation Battle - 22/23

Tayls

5 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

With owners like this, all the money spent... is it possible to go down? It shouldn't be, but it is.

We're not Everton of last season, we're the Everton that actually went down.

It is if they give him endless months to get it right.

Hopefully they'll realise Purslow got a little carried away with his power and quickly rectify things like Spurs did last season after appointing Nuno. They made the call every enough and reaped the rewards.

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

Were awful.

I see no positives other than Kamara.

Whilst we didn’t create an awful lot in the first half today we looked relatively solid and in control, our substitutions were mind boggling.

I don’t think we are a great team by any stretch, but our manager is making us much worse than the sum of our parts.

Sack Gerrard and we have more than enough to stay up imo.  

It's still early but we've lost to three not great teams so far, would have expected at least five points from Bournemouth, Palace, and West Ham, and hoped for more, I know people hype up Palace but I think they will finish bottom half, they aren't that good, if we have the aspirations we supposedly have then need to be doing better in games like that, or in all the games we've played so far.

Even against Bolton we were dire first-half against a team that had rested seven of their first team that had played at the weekend.

Not exactly looking good at the moment, but I'm hoping we won't be in a relegaton battle because either Gerrard will turn it around, or more likely we will bring in a better manager who will improve us.

19 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Did the fans turn at the end of todays game? Did any vegetables make it onto the field (not including players) 

Loud boos at full time, no "you don't know what you're doing" chants at any of the subs made. Yet.

20 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Did the fans turn at the end of todays game? Did any vegetables make it onto the field (not including players) 

I think Gary Mc walked on at one stage

• Haha 2

Last season I never really felt like we would be relegated, if asked I’d have said there was about a 1% chance of it happening.

I don’t think we’ll be relegated this season but at the moment I feel like the chance is more like 10-20%.

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Bournemouth😂😂 maybe Everton 

Then we might struggle with Southampton/Fulham

Fulham would batter us. Don’t know about Southampton but we struggle against any side that…well… turns up.