Relegation Battle - 22/23

Tayls

We have lost to a team "only just up from the Championship"

We have lost to a team "that have not won a game yet"

We have lost to a team that scored their first goal of the season "against us"

I say we give Gerrard another 5/6 seasons to get it right...................Im sure he will get it right in the end.

4 hours ago, tomav84 said:

whilst there is a LONG way to go, the concerning thing is that apart from bournemouth there's no other team absolutely nailed on for the drop. normally you can pick 4/5 others too that you expect to be there or thereabouts i.e. the likes of everton, burnley, leeds, watford last season

this season, there's no other team apart from bournemouth that i look at and think "they're gonna really struggle this season"

Tbf it's a long season. Newcastle looked nailed on for the drop for the entire first half of last season and still ended up finishing 11th way clear of relegation. Southampton looked fine until absolutely collapsing from March onwards is another example.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 2

I think Bournemouth are the only certainties. I've a feeling Forest and Fulham may stay up this year meaning 2 establish Premier League teams will likely go down. 

This is not a season to have a bad season. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I think Bournemouth are the only certainties. I've a feeling Forest and Fulham may stay up this year meaning 2 establish Premier League teams will likely go down. 

This is not a season to have a bad season. 

I think Fulham will go down, they’ll slowly get worse as the season progresses as a lot of newly promoted do once the promotion high wears off.

13 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Thought the days of having this thread were over.  Uffffff!

As soon as Gerrard is sacked and we have a proper manager, this thread will be gone.

I really hope he is gone before the Leicester game, or else we would more or less give away 6 points against Leicester and Southampton. 

Just now, viivvaa66 said:

As soon as Gerrard is sacked and we have a proper manager, this thread will be gone.

I really hope he is gone before the Leicester game, or else we would more or less give away 6 points against Leicester and Southampton. 

Yeah - but after we finished 11th under Smith, never thought we'd see a relegation thread in the main Villa forum.

35 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Bet 365 are offering 11/2 on Villa getting relegated. For all you guys sure that we are going down, that sounds like very easy money for you. 🤣

Any of those guys want to take that bet - I'll take the other side lol 

• Like 1

From the club and manager talking about Europe to the reality of another relegation scrap. Given the excellent players we have its ridiculous. They are being badly setup and coached. So on topic, we should be nowhere near the relegation zone with these players but we are. 

50 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Bet 365 are offering 11/2 on Villa getting relegated. For all you guys sure that we are going down, that sounds like very easy money for you. 🤣

Depends on how long Gerrard stays in charge 

1 minute ago, messi11 said:

Depends on how long Gerrard stays in charge 

Villa will not be relegated this year. It is just narrative suggesting and I suspect none of the people saying we will go down will take the generous odds on offer.

4 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

Yeah - but after we finished 11th under Smith, never thought we'd see a relegation thread in the main Villa forum.

I dunno why people tell themselves things like this. Here's the reality: there are 7 teams in the league who effectively can never be relegated. There's just no chance they will ever go down. That means that the relegated 3 must come from the remaining 13 teams. 3 out of 13 is about 20%; it's not hard to believe any one team out of that group would spend some of its time in the bottom 20% of the distribution, and in a long enough timeframe our relegation is a certainty.

5 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

11/2?!

I'm on at much bigger odds than that.

We are absolutely going down if Gerrard stays the season. Surely you agree?

24 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

11/2?!

I'm on at much bigger odds than that.

We are absolutely going down if Gerrard stays the season. Surely you agree?

I think betting on us going down is really daft. Its not going to happen and is just throwing money away. I think SG needs some time and he may come good. If he doesn't he will be sacked and we will get a new manager. Our squad is very capable of staying in the PL and I can't see any other outcome. So people saying we are going down is just narrative imo. If u have much bigger odds than 11/2 then u must of put the bet on a while ago, that really is dodgy betting thinking we are to be relegated, I wouldn't give up the day job and become a professional gambler if I were u

• Confused 1