Relegation Battle - 22/23

Tayls

7 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We won’t be relegated. We could be down there after the next 7 games. But the season is fortunately 38 games long and we have way too much quality to go down.  This is not a concern after 3 games. I don’t care how bad we look.

We are not too good to go down. Unless Gerrard gets his act together and learns from his mistakes etc. we will be in a lot of trouble..

Don't think Gerrards ego can take having a relegation on his CV and it would erase any chance/risk of him getting the Liverpool gig.

Suspect he would walk before we were down but it might be too late by then. Most likely thou the club will act at the very latest in time for the WC break.

Fun times.

14 minutes ago, Strog said:

We are not too good to go down. Unless Gerrard gets his act together and learns from his mistakes etc. we will be in a lot of trouble..

People genuinely think Gerrard won't be sacked if we're just stuck in bottom 5 for months on end?

It will be like last season, he'll be sacked once we drop down to 17th/18th like DS was.

By no metric at all is Gerrard doing acceptable job if we're in that position so not sure why people are assuming NSWE will just keep him.

5 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Laughable. With Purslow around, Gerrard is untouchable. He's here for the long haul. Utterly depressing

I genuinely don't believe this.

Purslow probably wants to keep his job too.

There are 100's of millions of pounds at stake here, this isn't a joke.

The owners would kick Purslow out before allowing this IMO.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

People genuinely think Gerrard won't be sacked if we're just stuck in bottom 5 for months on end?

It will be like last season, he'll be sacked once we drop down to 17th/18th like DS was.

By no metric at all is Gerrard doing acceptable job if we're in that position so not sure why people are assuming NSWE will just keep him.

Not a hope in hell

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I genuinely don't believe this.

Purslow probably wants to keep his job too.

There are 100's of millions of pounds at stake here, this isn't a joke.

The owners would kick Purslow out before allowing this IMO.

I hope you're right but i disagree. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Laughable. With Purslow around, Gerrard is untouchable. He's here for the long haul. Utterly depressing

If Gerrard is still here in a few weeks, frankly, Purslow needs hounding out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

We haven’t improved in terms of general play and tactics, I’d argue we have regressed. We need a massive turnaround in the next couple of months. IMO Gerrard will be gone if we are in the bottom 4 when the World Cup comes round.

3 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Why?

I feel like SG has this weird hold over purslow, almost like blackmail, and purslow is so madly in love with SG that he'll never see fault in anything SG does. 

I'm totally over dramatising it but thats where I'm at. 

Plus, factually, Gerrard has been consistently shite for months, spent big money, then continued to be shite and made some really weird decisions. He's still in a job.

I am McGinn's biggest defender on here but even i thought the cqptaincu  was a joke and now feel he should be dropped.

The Mings thing was bizarrely carriec out too, rightly or wrongly the way it was done was unnecesary.

Plus, i just think stevie is an arsehole.

Just now, DCJonah said:

So frustrating watching teams we thought we'd be challenging or thought we'd be ahead of, look miles better than us. 

We've done nothing in 10 months whilst others look completely different teams. 

I fear we'll look back on the last year or so like we do the O'Neill era under Lerner. A promising period, with new, interested, wealthy owners, pissed up the wall with nothing to show for it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Strog said:

We haven’t improved in terms of general play and tactics, I’d argue we have regressed. We need a massive turnaround in the next couple of months. IMO Gerrard will be gone if we are in the bottom 4 when the World Cup comes round.

I wouldn't give him until the world cup as it will be just another wasted season. I'd sack him if we lose to West Ham tbh.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I feel like SG has this weird hold over purslow, almost like blackmail, and purslow is so madly in love with SG that he'll never see fault in anything SG does. 

Plus, factually, Gerrard has been consistently shite for months, spent big money, then continued to be shite and made some really weird decisions. He's still in a job.

I am McGinn's biggest defender on here but even i thought the cqptaincu  was a joke and now feel he should be dropped.

The Mings thing was bizarrely carriec out too, rightly or wrongly the way it was done was unnecesary.

Plus, i just think stevie is an arsehole.

Purslow’s reputation is on the line now. Despite the A list factor that Gerrard has in attracting players, it’s the results that count and we have looked poor in 2022. Purslow will save his own skin so if this means sacking Gerrard then he will pull the trigger.

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I wouldn't give him until the world cup as it will be just another wasted season. I'd sack him if we lose to West Ham tbh.

I tend to agree but they won’t.

18 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

This is an absolutely bizarre assumption to make. lol

How do you know if Purslow sees any fault or not?

None of us have any clue what goes on in the Boardroom or in Purslows head.

I'm sure him NOR the owners are happy.

The question is whether they have faith in him to turn it around or not, whether backing him with more money will help or not.

I get peoples frustrations but let's not go nuts here.

* EDIT: Just realised you admitted to over dramatising. lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN