Relegation Battle - 22/23

Tayls

3 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Fulham would batter us. Don’t know about Southampton but we struggle against any side that…well… turns up. 

Saints looked very good against United despite losing

I feel we're big time in this now. Mainly due to the fact we're likely to only have 3 points after six games, losing five of them.

Then add in that it just feels like there's multiple players who are (rightly) looking a bit discontented at the minute. That'll only get worse. 

After that, momentum will become very hard to swing back to a positive direction.

Ladies and gents- This is serious.
3 points from 4 games is relegation form. We are seriously in a relegation fight right now. 
Promoted sides Bournemouth, Fulham and Forrest are all better than us. Clubs below us the likes of Wolves are better than us! 

Next season we would be playing Milwall. Its time to protest against Gerrard

Just got back from the game.

I thought first half we kept our shape ok but simply did not have a clue how to threaten their goal. They were not really pushing out however so didn't threaten us either...but that was clearly their plan. As for the second half?! I struggle to think of a Villa team who looked so poor in almost everything they did. Poor decision making, poor control, poor passing. poor crossing, poor speed of pass, barely any movement....I could go on. It was frankly amateurish.

West Ham had a game plan to keep it tight 1st half then put the subs on second to nick the winner.  It was far easier for them than the scoreline suggests I feel especially in defence. I don't actually think we had a shot asisde from the offside goal.

I just don't see how we are going to score enough goals to stay up currently. 

I ended the game actually laughing at our players they were that bad. It's gone beyond annoying now it's becoming a joke.

• Like 3

Absolute farce that this sh*t is even on the agenda, given the players we have, but we are definitely a relegation candidate at the moment. 

3 points from 4 games and we haven't even played a top 6 side yet, Bournemouth, Wolves, Everton and Leicester have all had harder fixtures than us.

The club needs to act NOW, if they don't fans need to protest loudly at every game, this is a complete mess. We cannot go down given the investment in players and wages which should see us in the top half at a minimum not where we are now. The owners risk undoing all the good they have done here by continuing with this nonsense.

Next 7 games are tough just cant see a win under Gerrard

Arsenal  - Loss
Manchester City  - Loss
Leicester City   - Loss 
Leeds United    - Loss
Nottingham Forest    - Loss
Chelsea    - Loss
Fulham    - Loss

Thats 1 point from 21 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

If I'm the owner, it's Purslow who's on the line as much as Gerrard. The project is both of theirs.

I think Purslow years back pushed for DS to be appointed so given that was largely a success they were probably fine with him pushing Gerrard.

It hasn't worked out and we need to cut our losses as soon as realistically possible and hopefully there's a more detailed analysis for next manager, surely Lange as DOF should have a say so interested who he'd put forward to the owners as assume he'd interview the candidates. 

2 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Arsenal  - Loss
Manchester City  - Loss
Leicester City   - Loss 
Leeds United    - Loss
Chelsea    - Loss
Fulham    - Loss

Thats 1 point from 21 

Eh?!

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

I was more wondering about the maths… you have seven losses there from seven games.. that’s zero points. 

Oh yeah good spot. I guess we can sneak a draw somewhere

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Simple way to close this thread early.  

SACK GERRARD.  

Spend transfer funds on the absolute best experienced manager we can get.

This is where I am. Its not knee jerk, its sensible. The time to act is now. Gerrard & staff are going backwards fast. I would sooner have no more new transfers and a new manager.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

6 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Arsenal  - Loss
Manchester City  - Loss
Leicester City   - Loss 
Leeds United    - Loss
Chelsea    - Loss
Fulham    - Loss

Thats 1 point from 21 

Where did that 1 point come from?