Relegation Battle - 22/23

Tayls

I think SG is on thin ice and probably he's going to need to go, but I also feel strongly that it's become the one-stop shop, the single lens, the sole litmus test, the zero-sum game clearinghouse for every dissatisfaction and every moan and complaint with our on-pitch performance. No argument can be subtle enough or qualified enough to survive the Gerrardosaur. It devours all attempts to talk about anything else, all topics collapse under its weight, all threads eventually circle back to the Gerrardosaur to blame for all Villa's ills.

This state of affairs  may well be correct as a reflection of Villa reality,  but it's also a little dull.

And what the solution? Oh my god, please don't say it. I know the answer. I've now seen it a zillion times in a zillion posts. OK, go ahead. Post your reply.

Yes, what solves The Villa Problem and probably brings peace to the Middle East and a horn of plenty to every empty cupboard on planet earth? Need I say the two words?

Nope.    

giphy.gif

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

I think relegation now has to be a serious concern. I've really lost faith in our strike force, unfortunately, apart from Buendia and Archer. I don't see how we get goals when our forwards can't kick a ball into the net. It's kind of the one thing we ask them to do, and they're just not doing it enough if it's not Bolton. 

On the other hand, a couple wins would definitely change my bleak outlook. I'm like most supporters. I have a short memory when it comes to Villa's woes once we start winning, and an even shorter memory of our optimism when we start racking up losses.  "Nothing succeeds like success," as they say. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I think SG is on thin ice and probably he's going to need to go, but I also feel strongly that it's become the one-stop shop, the single lens, the sole litmus test, the zero-sum game clearinghouse for every dissatisfaction and every moan and complaint with our on-pitch performance. No argument can be subtle enough or qualified enough to survive the Gerrardosaur. It devours all attempts to talk about anything else, all topics collapse under its weight, all threads eventually circle back to the Gerrardosaur to blame for all Villa's ills.

This state of affairs  may well be correct as a reflection of Villa reality,  but it's also a little dull.

And what the solution? Oh my god, please don't say it. I know the answer. I've now seen it a zillion times in a zillion posts. OK, go ahead. Post your reply.

Yes, what solves The Villa Problem and probably brings peace to the Middle East and a horn of plenty to every empty cupboard on planet earth? Need I say the two words?

Nope.    

giphy.gif

Well put. I try to stay somewhat positive, but it's hard.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

We’re going to have our goal difference humped over the next 2 games - can see between 6-8 goals being shipped and none in return.

6-8 will be Arsenal alone. 😅🥲

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I think relegation now has to be a serious concern. I've really lost faith in our strike force, unfortunately, apart from Buendia and Archer. I don't see how we get goals when our forwards can't kick a ball into the net. It's kind of the one thing we ask them to do, and they're just not doing it enough if it's not Bolton. 

On the other hand, a couple wins would definitely change my bleak outlook. I'm like most supporters. I have a short memory when it comes to Villa's woes once we start winning, and an even shorter memory of our optimism when we start racking up losses.  "Nothing succeeds like success," as they say. 

We make so few chances and those we make are of very little quality. We need a change of system to get the most out of these players.

Relegation, if the current status quo is continued, is a very real possibility but I do believe we have far more quality in the squad than is being shown. If we correct our problems we will win enough to stay up

• Like 1

Watching Southampton play and thinking that we're no match for them in passing ability. We're so ponderous and slow in movement, and our passes are so slow. Sometimes I wonder if our players are so good after all.

• Like 1

Just now, AVTuco said:

Watching Southampton play and thinking that we're no match for them in passing ability. We're so ponderous and slow in movement, and our passes are so slow. Sometimes I wonder if our players are so good after all.

Or how fit they are.

• Like 1

Fulham aren't going down, been very impressed with how they've played v Brighton tonight. Craven Cottage going to be much tougher to pick up wins than recent seasons when they've been up.

Southampton beating Chelsea isn't great news.

We need results quick....good job it's only the top 2 up next!

1 hour ago, AvonVillain said:

It does look difficult, Bournemouth apart, to spot the teams worse than we currently are.

Everton have little in attack bar Gordon hitting some nice form for his Chelsea move. 

However pound for pound we are miles poorer than them considering what we've spent lately and they're in austerity mode.

We need to get rid of this manager otherwise we're going to be stuck in the bottom 3 for a bit unless we pull off a shock result soon.

2 hours ago, AVTuco said:

If Steven actually picked our players who can pass, may give us a chance.