Relegation Battle - 22/23

Tayls

We look worse than the year we stayed up on the last day. We don't have a grealish and we have no positivity, togetherness and momentum from a promotion. Even though the squad is miles better. 

It feels dangerously flat and negative. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

We look worse than the year we stayed up on the last day. We don't have a grealish and we have no positivity, togetherness and momentum from a promotion. Even though the squad is miles better. 

It feels dangerously flat and negative. 

We're playing some of the most uninspiring football in the league currently. Just chipped passes out wide for Watkins to chase and just no decent move constuction bar get to either full back who'll then hit a hopeful cross.

Some achievement for Gerrard to get us looking like we're managed again by Lambert, at least he had a pretty mediocre selection of players to draw from.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bojong said:

It's been bad for sure, but I don't think we look like a relegation candidate. We were the better side against Bournemouth and West Ham. No, we didn't play well but should have won. 

What? That's utter rubbish. 

4 minutes ago, Mantis said:

If we act now we'll be fine, but if we keep hold of Gerrard for another couple of months we'll be in serious trouble.

I think that's the crux.

Sack him after Man. City with someone decent lined up and we then have a run of 7-8 games up to World cup break to get back into mid table safety given at this stage of season there isn't huge points gap to 9-10th.

Keep Gerrard for even another month and we'll just be stuck in bottom 6 with the odd win here and there but the fundamental problems remaining.

Think owners have to step in as Purslow isn't going to be approaching them wanting him sacked anytime soon.

• Like 1

Just now, VillaChris said:

I think that's the crux.

Sack him after Man. City with someone decent lined up and we then have a run of 7-8 games up to World cup break to get back into mid table safety given at this stage of season there isn't huge points gap to 9-10th.

Keep Gerrard for even another month and we'll just be stuck in bottom 6 with the odd win here and there but the fundamental problems remaining.

Think owners have to step in as Purslow isn't going to be approaching them wanting him sacked anytime soon.

Yes, crucial to sack him after Man City, and I agree that the owners will need to push Purslow to fire him. Sadly I suspect we'll cling on for another 4 or 5 matches 'to see if he can turn it around' or some such.

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Can't agree that we don't look like a relegation candidate I'm afraid. We look like the worst team in the league.

Pound for pound we're the worst team by miles. Bournemouth actually picked up 4 points and kept two clean sheets, they've just been unlucky with fixture list.

Everton battling hard for draws and hampered by FFP but are signing some o.k players on paper so attempting to do something about that.

West Ham getting a good draw off Spurs so they're slowly rising up the league.

Leicester poor but they've finished 5th, 5th, 8th with the squad they have so once window is closed will surely win some games. They'll probably beat us 1-0 in a few weeks.

We can't keep clean sheets, our chance creation is terrible given our goal tonight was a bit of a fluke and we don't run with any great speed so it certainly has 15/16 vibes I'd say.

• Like 1