Brisbane Roar vs Villa - Wed 20th July 10.45am

ender4

Just now, Dodgyknees said:

Not sure I’ve seen anybody moan about JM doing that. 

And it’s Kamaras positioning and his ability to transition from defence to attack that We enjoy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Shame half time arrived when it did as the tempo had just gone up and Villa were looking much more likely  

Love Matty Cash but his lack of composure is a killer sometimes. He'd be an unbelievable players if he wasn't so wasteful in forward areas.

Ing's miss was down to the heavy touch which in fairness that ball and the way it dropped over the defenders head thats one hell of a skill to bring that down how he wanted to and he was very close to doing it, means he hasnt got the space to pull off that finish

think its unlucky rather than poor and a lot harder than it looks

• Like 4

More of the same from Villa, completely ineffective at breaking a low block. Traore and Bailey both need hooking at HT and we need to use the second half to see if Plan B works.... instead we'll throw on 10 new players and look just as disjointed as we did in the first half I imagine.

Struggling to create much, bit of a concern I guess, would like to see better patterns of play.

That being said, I think a lot of our attacking play has been stunted by Traore and Bailey.

Carlos and Kamara look good, Digne probably would have been sent off in a competitive match for that early tackle that drew blood.

Hoping for an improved second half (although I know the result is not important).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Carlos with more composure in the opposition box than any of our forwards. 🤣

Wouldn't be hard. I've seen actual headless chickens with more composure and ability than our forwards, flapping around the place

Edited by est1874

Just now, villa4europe said:

Ing's miss was down to the heavy touch which in fairness that ball and the way it dropped over the defenders head thats one hell of a skill to bring that down how he wanted to and he was very close to doing it, means he hasnt got the space to pull off that finish

think its unlucky rather than poor and a lot harder than it looks

Put Watkins in his place and the ball is flying off his big toe and out for a goal kick. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

If this is 3 weeks work on our identity i do not have a clue what we identify as. 

It's 2022, were identity fluid... don't try to put us in your box of ignorance you dinosaur! 👀

• Haha 4

Not a great deal to shout about but I am quite enjoying watching us in action again.  Diego Carlos looks good.

Think some people were expecting a champions league knockout game today going by the comments....😆

• Like 1

Really is a pre-season friendly isn't it :)  All a little casual. Bailey very involved. Traore huffing and puffing but not getting much reward. Cash still thinks he's prime van Basten. Kamara looks very assured on the ball. My prediction is Buendia saves the day again.

• Like 2

overall thoughts they're set up really deep and defending well and we havent really got the intensity or desire to do much about it, it looks muggy as **** and its pre season

bailey and traore really disappointing

mcginn at his tenacious best

carlos and boubs look great

Â