Brisbane Roar vs Villa - Wed 20th July 10.45am

ender4

2 minutes ago, AV82 said:

More of the same from Villa, completely ineffective at breaking a low block. Traore and Bailey both need hooking at HT and we need to use the second half to see if Plan B works.... instead we'll throw on 10 new players and look just as disjointed as we did in the first half I imagine.

Theres still 2 weeks left of the pre season. :) 

Playing the ball back time and again only to wind up crossing it after the Roar have settled into their shape. Got to play through the lines faster with the likes of Ings and Bailey in attack, Coutinho dropping too deep to link up properly with the forwards.

So that half was like the entire of last season?

Pinned back to taking pot shots from outside the box and if we do manage creat a decent chance we fluff it up… 

A half break or even a quarter break catches the whole team off guard and we are struggling to defend.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

Really is a pre-season friendly isn't it :)  All a little casual. Bailey very involved. Traore huffing and puffing but not getting much reward. Cash still thinks he's prime van Basten. Kamara looks very assured on the ball. My prediction is Buendia saves the day again.

This is his biggest problem tbh

1 minute ago, AV82 said:

Put Watkins in his place and the ball is flying off his big toe and out for a goal kick. 😂

and to be honest id probably excuse that too...you can bring it down and then you've still got the 2 defenders there, to bring it down and shift it in front of you so that you can take it away from the defenders and hit it theres a few players out there that would get that wrong

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

So that half was like the entire of last season?

Pinned back to taking pot shots from outside the box and if we do manage creat a decent chance we fluff it up… 

A half break or even a quarter break catches the whole team off guard and we are struggling to defend.

It almost sounds like the pre season hasn't transformed us

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Theres still 2 weeks left of the pre season. :) 

A free flowing United up next sounds fun. To be fair there might actually be space for our one dimensional forwards to run into.

Buendia to change the game as usual, hope he’s starting regularly in league games for us… he brings the creativity more than anyone.

Kamara is class, always good to have more players who are composed on the ball and pass it with ease. Slick.

We’ll be much better on the ball and in the pass with Emi, Kamara and Luiz in the side… Carlos looking good too.

No point overreacting to a preseason game but it was a dull first half tbh, getting our fitness levels up is paramount and we will improve. Giving most players some game time but they need to do better to claim a starting spot.

Interested to see what SG considers our strongest lineup. 

• Like 1

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

I'm actually annoyed Digne didn't get red card. He 100% deserved one

Yeah I wouldn't have argued if he had. I think what might have saved him is that he rolled over the ankle, albeit catching it along the way. He didn't catch it flush and go fully through it with all his weight. But that shouldn't change the outcome. It's not the outcome that determines if a tackle is dangerous or not.

I'm kind of suspecting many of the people in this thread are caring more about the result today than the players. 

I must say I'm in the 'who gives a shit' camp at present. It's a pre-season friendly against Brisbane Roar.  

• Like 3

Just now, nepal_villan said:

We play so slow.  Under two different managers.  When will this change?

It's true. You watch a Spurs vs Chelsea or the like and it's 100 miles an hour and we're so lackadaisical 

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Ing's miss was down to the heavy touch which in fairness that ball and the way it dropped over the defenders head thats one hell of a skill to bring that down how he wanted to and he was very close to doing it, means he hasnt got the space to pull off that finish

think its unlucky rather than poor and a lot harder than it looks

Keeper got a hand to it.

Just now, HKP90 said:

I'm kind of suspecting many of the people in this thread are caring more about the result today than the players. 

I must say I'm in the 'who gives a shit' camp at present. It's a pre-season friendly against Brisbane Roar.  

Personally I am in the same camp as you. But I am not one of the fans that have a two day drive or a flight to get to the game and were expecting to see the mighty Villa turn up too. 

• Like 1

Â