Brisbane Roar vs Villa - Wed 20th July 10.45am

ender4

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

I'm kind of suspecting many of the people in this thread are caring more about the result today than the players. 

I must say I'm in the 'who gives a shit' camp at present. It's a pre-season friendly against Brisbane Roar.  

I don't care about the result, I care about the shape, movement, and effort...  I haven't seen any changes to the drivel Gerrard served up last season.  

• Like 1

Traore is just no good for any system you can't build any play off him. Bailey, meh, I just watch in hope that hes a player, never shows much for me except cut in dribbles into a load of bodies. Mcginn just shit.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I'm kind of suspecting many of the people in this thread are caring more about the result today than the players. 

I must say I'm in the 'who gives a shit' camp at present. It's a pre-season friendly against Brisbane Roar.  

I dont give a **** about the result but would like to see something that resembles a playing style which we havent seen for about 9 months now

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Don't care about the result, do care about us looking like we're seeing a style and identity finally emerging though

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

It's true. You watch a Spurs vs Chelsea or the like and it's 100 miles an hour and we're so lackadaisical 

But we are playing against a team sitting back. What are they going to run fast into when the sapce isn't there ?

I agree the constant back passing becomes tiresome, there should be a square or forward pass always on, something we rarely position ourselves to have. 

Teams like Brentford can manage to do it so I struggle to see why we can't. 

4 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Personally I am in the same camp as you. But I am not one of the fans that have a two day drive or a flight to get to the game and were expecting to see the mighty Villa turn up too. 

Exactly what I was going to say, this match would have easily cost some people over a grand, with travel and accommodation. This will be some peoples only chance to see their team play live!

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

If they can't be bothered dispatching a (quite frankly shit) team like this, then:

a) The club should not be charging fans to watch, and should issue refunds

and

b) It does not bode well for the season ahead. The "it's only Brisbane Roar, who gives a shit" attitude is one very big reason why we get knocked out of the cups in early rounds more often than not, and fail to beat the teams below us in the league.

9 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

This is really good practice for when we come up against those sh*thouse Prem teams who have no interest in leaving their own box.

We just need to learn how to pick the lock.

Or if we get some lower league cup opposition. 

• Like 1

Looking forward to seeing something like this on next half

Martinez

Kessler              Konsa                        Mings                Ludwig

Luiz                           Tim                    Jacob

Buendia

Archer                    Watkins

then getting some minutes for Aaron, Feeney and Chrisene

Edited by vazquez

6 minutes ago, AV82 said:

A free flowing United up next sounds fun. To be fair there might actually be space for our one dimensional forwards to run into.

Hoping we raise our game for that one, especially as it should be a packed house and maybe the team will see it more as a premier league game, kind of like the Leeds friendly which was approached in the right way by us

1 minute ago, grantholtgolazo said:

team may be in preseason mode but mid match villatalk doom merchants are in fine form

Maybe you guys are happy to watch the best team on paper we've had in over 20 years do fook all on the pitch, but some of us aren't.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, vazquez said:

Martinez

Kessler              Konsa                        Mings                Ludwig

Buendia

What is that midfield?

1 minute ago, vazquez said:

Martinez

Kessler              Konda                        Mings                Ludwig

Buendia

What are the lottery numbers this week?!

Spot on!

There's a few over reactions on here (not surprisingly by the anti-Gerrard brigade).

It's pre-season, it's all about fitness, getting minutes in the bank and not getting injured.

We are in control of the game - their one serious chance only came about because Kamara was body checked by the ref.

Ok, we're struggling to create against a well drilled low-block but I'm sure we will break them down in the second half.

Carlos and Kamara look very good - both new signings, so that's a positive for Gerrard.

We are trying Bailey and Traore out wide and neither are grasping the opportunity but they needed the opportunity.

The game against Man U will be totally different so no point worrying about that off the back of this one.  

• Thanks 1

Â