The Women’s European Championships 2022

Genie

11 hours ago, useless said:

Jill Scott was good when she came on, kept the ball well, made some good passes, and won it off the oppositoin on several occasions, she gave away a few free-kicks, but they were on occasions where it was better to give away a free-kick rather than let Germany break. I don't know how anyone can use her contribution as a negative, she came on and did a good job of helping England close down the game.

Today's perforance wasn't typical of England's performances so far in the competition, but that's okay, they did what they had to do on the day, if Villa were to reach a final playing great football up until that point then had to put in a more battling performance in the final to win then I wouldn't be complaining or comparing whoever the manager was to Southgate.

This was England's best international footballing achievement since 66 World Cup, who cares how they won the final.

And there were still lots of moments of entertaining football, especially in the first half, wil rarely see a goal as good as Eila Toone's in any game of football.

You are right, but in terms of performance I think it's also fair to say that Germany were a pretty dirty, disruptive side. The follow through on Earps and the subsequent challenge on our midfielder (Toone was it?) in particular seemed cynical and should have been given short shrift by the ref, who I thought lost control of the match very early on and didn't regain it. Testament to our outstanding resilience, and fantastic scenes that had me jumping around like a loon in my living room.

27 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

My daughter has never really got into football, she will barely watch it. 

Last night, she was absolutely transfixed. Couldn't stop watching it. Woke up this morning and was kicking the ball around her room, wearing her Villa top and now wants a season ticket to Aston Villa women's team. She has new heroes. 

For us, as Villa fans I hope the club can take advantage of this and get more fans through the gates for the women's team: There'll definitely be at least 2 more this coming season. 

That's great 😀

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pas5898 said:

Last night, she was absolutely transfixed. Couldn't stop watching it. Woke up this morning and was kicking the ball around her room, wearing her Villa top and now wants a season ticket to Aston Villa women's team. She has new heroes. 

For us, as Villa fans I hope the club can take advantage of this and get more fans through the gates for the women's team: There'll definitely be at least 2 more this coming season. 

Looks like a great opportunity to enjoy some quality Dad and Daughter time, where you show her the basic skills, like trapping the ball, and which part of the foot to shoot and pass with.

I hope Dad's keepy-uppy is up to scratch.

😀

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

The FA could do a lot worse than hire her to take over the mens team, a lot better than the Southgate clown

I don't know much about her, but I do wonder, regardless of the merits of her managerial ability if she'd be taken seriously in the men's game. There's certainly be loads of grumpy old ruddy Representatives for Wellingborough who think she'd not fit for the job, those people aren't the problem, would the players have the required respect?

• Like 1

I didn’t get to watch last night as at the commonwealth.

What a great achievement, from me the best team throughout the tournament. It goes to show what a difference a quality manager makes and why the mens team should take note.

I really hope it does have a massive impact and we see increased numbers. I was surprised going into the office that the women in my team (late 20s/early 30s) hadn’t watched it.

Alex Scott is right it’s disappointing that more prem clubs in 2018, didn’t offer their stadiums for the matches. It would be so good to see big matches at VP 

31 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Looks like a great opportunity to enjoy some quality Dad and Daughter time, where you show her the basic skills, like trapping the ball, and which part of the foot to shoot and pass with.

😀

Going on the fact that @pas5898's daughter was conceived, it looks like his keepy-uppy was more than up to scratch.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I don't know much about her, but I do wonder, regardless of the merits of her managerial ability if she'd be taken seriously in the men's game. There's certainly be loads of grumpy old ruddy Representatives for Wellingborough who think she'd not fit for the job, those people aren't the problem, would the players have the required respect?

Its interesting as I think the top players would show respect if they believed in her ideas, it would piss off the likes of Souness and Danny Murphy

France manager has managed a mens team before and apparently ran the club like a dictatorship 

42 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

would the players have the required respect?

I don't think so. Male footballers (at that level) tend to be laddish, overpaid, entitled narcissists. They like someone like Southgate, because they think he's one of them. Take orders from a woman? Nope. 

1 hour ago, MakemineVanilla said:

😀

I'll 2 foot her if she mis-controls it. 

Edited by pas5898
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, pas5898 said:

Seems another way our owners are so savvy with a lot of vision. They were straight in with the investment in the women's team. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

Going on the fact that @pas5898's daughter was conceived, it looks like his keepy-uppy was more than up to scratch.

These days with me a low block is as far as it goes. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, colhint said:

Hope Powell ex ENgland boss now Brighten WSL coach said today season tickets are up 222%

Well they want pay parity with the men. This is part of it. 

Â