Gompedyret

Seems that this one is going to happen.

Aston Villa will officially complete the signing of Rangers sensation Rory Wilson on the 1st of July, according to Fabrizio Romano on Monday morning [13 June].

The reliable journalist has reported that the Premier League side have agreed personal terms with the Scottish wonder after he pushed for a move away from Ibrox.

It is suggested that Steven Gerrard was key in the decision of the young striker, with the former Bears boss helping bat away interest from other English sides.

Writing on his personal Twitter account on Monday morning [13 June], Romano shared the major update that everyone had been waiting for at Ibrox.

“Aston Villa are set to sign talented Scottish striker Rory Wilson from Rangers, born in 2006,” he wrote. “Personal terms now agreed – Wilson will sign on July 1.

“Steven Gerrard, the main factor in beating off other interest. Wilson scored 49 goals at youth level this season.”

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Not when this lad is going round the acdamies of the UK

Child Catcher, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang | Rarest Kind of Best

Rory obviously didn't have a cushion to hide behind like I did whenever the Childcatcher appeared.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, brommy said:

Rory obviously didn't have a cushion to hide behind like I did whenever the Childcatcher appeared.

Has got to be easliy one of the weirdest characters ever invented

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The future is very exciting. Under the radar signing with the Gerrard factor again. 

I think the players we are bringing in are exciting, I’m hoping Gerrard can then translate that quality to on the field performances.  I didn’t see that last season but that’s fine but he needs to bring it this season.  

Â