Gompedyret

2 hours ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

The next Pele. (I hope)

in all seriousness, I wonder how much we have spent on academy prospects since NWSE came in. I seem to recall we spent ~£750k on Chrisene from Exeter city. So would not surprise me if it’s around the £10mil mark.

A few months ago, I saw on the internet that we have signed 30 young players under the age of 18 from others clubs. Sadly, I can’t find it again now

On 18/06/2022 at 00:32, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

He gets a mention in that article, its interesting enough reading about the shortage of proper number 9s coming through.

Interesting that the top 9s over last decade or like Lewandowski, Cavani, Zlatan, Suarez now Haaland, Vlahovic dont come from countries with the elite academies. Vardy another one who didn't come through an academy

Benzema and Kane probably the exception as a no. 9

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

He's had his medical according to reports in Scotland, I imagine will be announced officially shortly after July 1st hits.

New scholars for the following season usually announced in the first few weeks of July, he will be amongst those, but as a new signing will presumably get his own announcement beforehand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No way ITK but we were at Birmingham Children’s Hospital for my son’s op yesterday and overheard some of the staff talking about a Villa academy player coming in for tests. It may be a case of 2+2=5 but thought I’d pass on the info. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, burchy said:

No way ITK but we were at Birmingham Children’s Hospital for my son’s op yesterday and overheard some of the staff talking about a Villa academy player coming in for tests. It may be a case of 2+2=5 but thought I’d pass on the info. 

Hoping your son makes a full recovery

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, burchy said:

Best of luck to the little Villan. 

• Like 1

On 18/06/2022 at 01:24, messi11 said:

With the shortage of Number 9's Rory Wilson must already be valued at 20 Million at 16. First 120 million British player?

Keinan must be weighing up £40m offers right now. 

Edited by Made In Aston

Know nothing about him but he’s supposed to be a natural goal scorer so welcome Rory. Obviously got the Rangers link with Gerrard but wonder if McGinn had a word too. 

I think he already knows Smith and Feeney, Feeny having previously played for Scotland at youth level, so that probably helped, as would the probable signing of Ewan Simpson, another player that he will know from international duty.

On 14/06/2022 at 12:31, villabromsgrove said:

Don't knock it, lol.

We got in to the top 2% of all schools nationally (ahead of 98% of all schools through out the UK) with both the value added to each pupil academically during their years with us and exam results. We also had a group of up to 100 volunteer student peer mentors who supported fellow students, which drastically cut down on the impact of challenging behaviour. We were a caring and sharing community that also matched the results of a number of very expensive public schools!

There's a parallel to the way Villa improve youth players by celebrating strengths and targeting weaknesses, while totally supporting the growth and maturation of the whole young person. Rory Wilson will do well at AVFC as we have a caring holistic ethic when it comes to looking after and improving our youngsters.

SA ?

Â