Gompedyret

14 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

I was Chair of Governors at a successful High School in 2006 .... and I've still got a full head of hair and my own teeth! Age is only a number.

Whereabouts was the school?

Yeah, Rangers will likely be worse off as a result. Weird really as not that clubs should be happy with us poaching their players but usually they kind of..are. we've have numerous announcements from other clubs that we've been great to deal with, sensible in our valuations and reached a deal that suits everyone.

I suppose usually those clubs have been Exeter, Northampton etc rather than European clubs themselves. 

6 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Yeah, Rangers will likely be worse off as a result. Weird really as not that clubs should be happy with us poaching their players but usually they kind of..are. we've have numerous announcements from other clubs that we've been great to deal with, sensible in our valuations and reached a deal that suits everyone.

I suppose usually those clubs have been Exeter, Northampton etc rather than European clubs themselves. 

Suggests that our valuation is probably closer to what FIFA will say it should be, rather than what rangers think it should be.

As suggested, FIFA don't have a track record of stating significant amounts when they're asked to decide.

13 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Suggests that our valuation is probably closer to what FIFA will say it should be, rather than what rangers think it should be.

As suggested, FIFA don't have a track record of stating significant amounts when they're asked to decide.

i would guess its that we offered a reasonable amount, but Rangers want something silly like 20m.....

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

i would guess its that we offered a reasonable amount, but Rangers want something silly like 20m.....

It won't be that much.  The compensation fee paid by Liverpool to Fulham for Harvey Elliott was £4.3m which was a big sum for compensation.

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

A successful high school in Redditch?

Don't knock it, lol.

We got in to the top 2% of all schools nationally (ahead of 98% of all schools through out the UK) with both the value added to each pupil academically during their years with us and exam results. We also had a group of up to 100 volunteer student peer mentors who supported fellow students, which drastically cut down on the impact of challenging behaviour. We were a caring and sharing community that also matched the results of a number of very expensive public schools!

There's a parallel to the way Villa improve youth players by celebrating strengths and targeting weaknesses, while totally supporting the growth and maturation of the whole young person. Rory Wilson will do well at AVFC as we have a caring holistic ethic when it comes to looking after and improving our youngsters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villabromsgrove said:

Don't knock it, lol.

We got in to the top 2% of all schools nationally (ahead of 98% of all schools through out the UK) with both the value added to each pupil academically during their years with us and exam results. We also had a group of up to 100 volunteer student peer mentors who supported fellow students, which drastically cut down on the impact of challenging behaviour. We were a caring and sharing community that also matched the results of a number of very expensive public schools!

There's a parallel to the way Villa improve youth players by celebrating strengths and targeting weaknesses, while totally supporting the growth and maturation of the whole young person. Rory Wilson will do well at AVFC as we have a caring holistic ethic when it comes to looking after and improving our youngsters.

Haha I only jest, I grew up in Redditch and lefthigh school there around 2008. Wasn't being serious 

That's good to see, get him with our coaches and his teammates as soon as possible and ready for the new season, would have been a shame if it was delayed for months. Will be interesting to see how he does, will probably start with the U18s, but as we've seen the very best ones at that level progress very quickly to the U23s.

8 minutes ago, useless said:

That's good to see, get him with our coaches and his teammates as soon as possible and ready for the new season, would have been a shame if it was delayed for months. Will be interesting to see how he does, will probably start with the U18s, but as we've seen the very best ones at that level progress very quickly to the U23s.

I don’t think his signing would have been delayed, I think the fee/compo just would have been argued between lawyers for months. Sounds like a compromise has been reached rather than pay the legal fees. 

Â