Neil Critchley

Villaphan04

1 minute ago, villanmac said:

Alarm bells for me was the Critchley interview when he came on board  Nice guy and he clearly did a good job at Blackpool but he didnt come across as someone particularly inspiring or commanding to me. Gerrard himself is a charisma vacuum so i think you need a bit of personality to get ideas across. Also, between them they are complete rookies, Critchley with a couple of years at Blackpool and Gerrard with 3 years at Rangers where he hand his hand held the whole time coming up against the likes of Klopp, Conte, Guardiola ffs but also the likes of Potter, Franks, Moyes, Howe Lage etc, basically everyone in the league bar Fat Frank! Disaster.

Yes, the more I think about it, the less I understand how the club came to the conclusion that Gerrard was the guy. 
And just saying it was Purslow is a cop out, because if that is the case the club has given him powers he cannot handle. Recruitment is a process, players and managers. Technical scouting, video scouting, in person, intervenes etc etc. 

That needs to be fixed.

right now we are so desperate we seem willing to accept just about anyone in order to get rid. That won’t lead down a path to growth.

Wy wasn’t an unproven man given a shorter or more incentivized contract for example? He got what, 2 years? 3? Can’t remember. 

30 minutes ago, villanmac said:

Critchley interview when he came on board  Nice guy and he clearly did a good job at Blackpool but he didnt come across as someone particularly inspiring or commanding to me. 

I did think this in his interview, but to be fair, interviews aren't where or how they earn their money.

He was carving out a career as a successful Manager before he got here and has brilliant credentials.

• Like 3

Patiently waiting for Stevie G to get the boot so he can come in, play a sensible line up and get this team firing. That's why he's here, next on the throne.

He'll still be replaced by Henry, Ronaldinho or possibly Michael Owen depending on who Purslow was enamoured with as a younger man.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, lainux said:

Saw him do more of the coaching from the touchline today and made the call the bring Countinho on. At one point he looked more liked the manager as Gerrard was sat down!

Weird I didn't see this.

At one point I noticed SG was talking to all the other coaches and was wondering why Critchley wasn't having morr input as the assistant manager.

I actually commented on it in the match thread.

Then again I might have just missed it.

He seems more of a reserved character so maybe that's why.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

I don’t think he looked more like the manager but he was clearly having more input,  last week Gerrard turned to him and he just flapped his arms. Very old fashioned having a number 1 that can’t coach and tactically inept. 

9 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Weird I didn't see this.

At one point I noticed SG was talking to all the other coaches and was wondering why Critchley wasn't having morr input as the assistant manager.

I actually commented on it in the match thread.

Then again I might have just missed it.

He seems more of a reserved character so maybe that's why.

He was defo very verbal and visible on the touch line. Not necessarily more than Gerrard, but clearly v involved.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

I don’t think he looked more like the manager but he was clearly having more input,  last week Gerrard turned to him and he just flapped his arms. Very old fashioned having a number 1 that can’t coach and tactically inept. 

Hopefully Gerrard continue to stay in the background and let Critchley managing the team in the future. It’s a win win situation, we get a celebrity as a front figure, and a real manager to do team selection and tactics.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, viivvaa66 said:

Hopefully Gerrard continue to stay in the background and let Critchley managing the team in the future. It’s a win win situation, we get a celebrity as a front figure, and a real manager to do team selection and tactics.

Definitely not, we need to have a head coach who is at the center of our ideas and how we play, and who will take responsibility for that. No way is it a good idea to have a puppet in charge and then have changes depending on who at the minute is the assistant. Moreover, the point in having a head coach instead of a manager was to exacly that, focusing on the playing matters. If that is left to the assistant and other coaches he may as well step up in another role as director of football or something.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, viivvaa66 said:

Hahahahha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Â