Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

Very happy for Diego, and didn't he enjoy the goal! He's had a tough start to his Villa career and now he is not first choice, but he seems to be of good spirit and giving his all when gets the chance.

Strong character!

• 2 weeks later...

I thought he struggled a bit with the pace in the beginning. Someone who hasn’t played against a team with real pace as he’s mostly played against the relegation fodder and Europe. 

But he’s an experienced head and stuck with it and made some great last ditch tackles against Son. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

He is clearly a brilliant CB. If he can consistently stay fit we will have a real problem on our hands in who to start with konsa, him and Torres. 

If he stays fit I think he'll get plenty of game time.  I expect him to play on Thursday again and i wouldn't be surprised if we play the 3 CB's against Arsenal and City even if they are both at home. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

If he stays fit I think he'll get plenty of game time.  I expect him to play on Thursday again and i wouldn't be surprised if we play the 3 CB's against Arsenal and City even if they are both at home. 

Think he might need to be managed and rested on Thursday 

4 hours ago, Beastmix said:

I love the way he sprints. What a UNIT.

He was excellent today.

Haha I was thinking the same, there was one moment in the second half when Son was on a free run on our right hand side and he ran like a maniac with his arms like a skier, I didn't know he was that fast! He is certainly over his injury now which is really positive.

A real unit and such a good defender. I'm a bit surprised that the build up often goes through Torres instead of him, Carlos has very good passing, not at least the long range passing. Want to see him ping those cross field passes from standing still more!

30 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Haha I was thinking the same, there was one moment in the second half when Son was on a free run on our right hand side and he ran like a maniac with his arms like a skier, I didn't know he was that fast! He is certainly over his injury now which is really positive.

A real unit and such a good defender. I'm a bit surprised that the build up often goes through Torres instead of him, Carlos has very good passing, not at least the long range passing. Want to see him ping those cross field passes from standing still more!

He runs like the T-1000 from Terminator 2.

It's incredible.

• Haha 4

He worries me slightly when in possession, as if he's about to make a wayward pass to put the opposition in on goal, but, hopefully that's just me getting stressed because individual mistakes are becoming less and less a detriment to this team's progress. It was nice to see the big man playing, he sure does add a presence to that defence, who, by the way, were magnificent in that second half. 

A lovely striker's goal from Ollie from a delicious cute assist from Tielemans. 

We all know it's not easy to get a victory in this league after going behind, it certainly used tone for us. Another sign of what kind of side we're aiming to be. Great vocal support from the fans today, the team must have really used that to stay focused until that final minute. 

Happy days indeed!

Â