Luis Suarez

maqroll

4 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

But Suarez (+2.0) has a better Goals minus XG than Ings (-0.3) meaning that he is a better finisher.

I think xG also misses passages of play that don’t get counted as a shot. So your dangerous ball whipped in from the wing that nobody gets onto… no effect on xG because it’s not “a shot”. I’m putting Suarez as better at getting on the end of those than Ings.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AV82 said:

One thing is for sure he'd be a lovely mentor for young Cameron Archer.   ... minus the whole biting people thing.

And the racism, the cheating and generally being a prick. 

Other than that, top bloke 🤣

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

the cheating

We unironically need someone good at cheating. Ollie is absolutely useless at winning penalties even when he's legitimately being fouled. Need someone who can manufacture the calls, like United, Spurs, City, Liverpool all have.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, the_eristic said:

We unironically need someone good at cheating. Ollie is absolutely useless at winning penalties even when he's legitimately being fouled. Need someone who can manufacture the calls, like United, Spurs, City, Liverpool all have.

i hate that i agree with this 🤣

We have been missing a dickhead since Jack left. He is overly emotional, got a chip on both shoulders and will do absolutely anything to win. And that is what we need more of sadly.  

Bouba can do the calm. Suarez the crazy 

40 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

This season just gone. Still got it ( albeit in smaller doses ) 

Nobody said he cant still finish but looking at the goals again I think only 2 of them he gets at Villa, some of the defending is amateur. One was a Cash like cutback

He wouldn't get all that time and space in the Premier League

41 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

This season just gone. Still got it ( albeit in smaller doses ) 

His first touch, composure to control the ball and leave the defender for dead there in three of the goals is still first-class!

Still quality in and around the box, for a year maybe two Suarez would be a top addition.

His mentoring of the younger players would be also highly valuable.

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Nobody said he cant still finish but looking at the goals again I think only 2 of them he gets at Villa, some of the defending is amateur. One was a Cash like cutback

He wouldn't get all that time and space in the Premier League

Thing is he took the defender out of the game with two or three of those goals with his touch and composure....

How often have people moaned about the first touch of our strikers and composure around the box?

Also a fair few of those goals were headers, something our strikers seem to struggle with.

2 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Thing is he took the defender out of the game with two or three of those goals with his touch and composure....

How often have people moaned about the first touch of our strikers and composure around the box?

Also a fair few of those goals were headers, something our strikers seem to struggle with.

The first header is park level goalkeeping/defending. I think was Getafe

First touch was good but he always had at least 3 yards of space. Ings and Watkins rarely get so much time unless vs Norwich

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The first header is park level goalkeeping/defending. I think was Getafe

First touch was good but he always had at least 3 yards of space. Ings and Watkins rarely get so much time unless vs Norwich

Ok fine he had space, yet sill showed good if not immaculate control and composure. One of those goals the defender was touch tight and he ghosted past him to finish, it was top-quality!

Our players often do not show the same touch around the box and are often vilified for it.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Ok fine he had space, yet sill showed good if not immaculate control and composure. One of those goals the defender was touch tight and he ghosted past him to finish, it was top-quality!

Our players often do not show the same touch around the box and are often vilified for it.

This is what frustrates me, Watkins 1st touch is poor, proper trampoline feet, up there with Lukaku for abysmal control. Ings and Watkins needs too many chances before they score, need someone with an eye for goal, especially if you only get 3-4 shots in all game and your 2 main strikers need 5 shots before they hit the target!

On a free i say bring him in!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â