James Tarkowski

HalfTimePost

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Not really.  He doesn't suit our intended style of play.

What's our intended style? Couldn't really tell from this season aside from games when we sat with everyone behind the ball.

He's better in every way, including on the ball, than Mings or Konsa. Couldn't say on big DC yet.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He's better in every way, including on the ball, than Mings or Konsa.

is he?

trying to look at it without the c&b specs on he's gone from Burnley to Everton, also not been selected for england in 4 years now, only has 2 caps and they were in friendlies 

that suggests to me that football doesn't agree 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

What's our intended style? Couldn't really tell from this season aside from games when we sat with everyone behind the ball.

He's better in every way, including on the ball, than Mings or Konsa. Couldn't say on big DC yet.

He is not better on the ball than Mings. He is arguably a better commanding centre back that will block, tackle and intercept his way to a respectable whoscored rating. But the fact he hadn't even been considered for England in Southgates dull defensive era tells you everything you need to know about his inability to play from the back. 

It's clear we want to be a team that builds from the back, but haven't had the midfield, and only one centre back, that could enable us to do this. Carlos and Kamara have the stats that suggest we'll be carrying on with this approach next season, and Tarkowski wouldn't have helped us.

36 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Move to OT he's having a medical at Everton 

Last rumour I saw was 5 year deal at £120k a week

Better than what they have but that's a proper Everton signing 

**** that i am delighted we aint signing him on those terms

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, NeilS said:

I guess one way of looking at the signing is it saves Everton having to play Michael Keane who is not a good CB in my opinion, so should make Everton better defensively. I think he will be a good signing for Everton. Tarkowski was not needed by us though, as I rate Mings as a better player for our requirements.

Michael Keane had a similarly big reputation at Burnley before joining Everton

Fans must have some deja vu

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

**** that i am delighted we aint signing him on those terms

Now this I do agree with.

Purely looking at it as the player would be a good addition. I think he'll be starting most games for them for the next three seasons though.

49 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Move to OT he's having a medical at Everton 

Last rumour I saw was 5 year deal at £120k a week

Better than what they have but that's a proper Everton signing 

Townsend, Delph, and now Tarkowski. Everton are a proper PL retirement home. Hope they inserted strong relegation clause. 

53 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Now this I do agree with.

Purely looking at it as the player would be a good addition. I think he'll be starting most games for them for the next three seasons though.

he would be an upgrade on konsa and hause but if that was his wage demands then i'm glad we walked away

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Michael Keane had a similarly big reputation at Burnley before joining Everton

Fans must have some deja vu

😂, I hadn't thought of that connection. I do think that Tarkowski is a lot better than Keane though, so they should be better off in the long term.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NeilS said:

😂, I hadn't thought of that connection. I do think that Tarkowski is a lot better than Keane though, so they should be better off in the long term.

It was one of the reasons i was put off by signing Tarkowski :P   

Defenders can look better playing the Burnley style

• Like 1

Â