James Tarkowski

HalfTimePost

We currently have Mings, Carlos, Konsa & Hause.

IF we get Tarkowski aswell then it’s bye bye to one of Hause/Konsa maybe even both as neither of which are good enough for where we want to be imo. 

Just now, Ingram85 said:

IF we get Tarkowski aswell then it’s bye bye to one of Hause/Konsa maybe even both as neither of which are good enough for where we want to be imo. 

Also have Chambers, so an exit is likely anyway IMO

Just now, Ingram85 said:

Poor old Callum. 

• Shocked 1

1 minute ago, Ingram85 said:

I think Gerrard has already said he isnt selling Konsa. Hause will probably be moved on and maybe even Mings. 

Just now, PaulC said:

I think Gerrard has already said he isnt selling Konsa. Hause will probably be moved on and maybe even Mings. 

That’s madness to me. Mings is a lot better than Konsa. He has a few good matches here and there but every time I’ve watched him he’s been average at best. I’d happily get rid of Konsa before Hause let alone Mings. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ingram85 said:

That’s madness to me. Mings is a lot better than Konsa. He has a few good matches here and there but every time I’ve watched him he’s been average at best. I’d happily get rid of Konsa before Hause let alone Mings. 

So you didn't watch the season before last where he was easily our best defender? Yes he's had a ropey 6 months or so but come on....

• Like 1

Just now, Pissflaps said:

So you didn't watch the season before last where he was easily our best defender? Yes he's had a ropey 6 months or so but come on....

Honestly? I don’t rate him at all and think he drags Mings’ performances down a bit when he has to repeatedly cover for Konsa all the time. 

2 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Konsa 24 though potentially could become a regular in the England team.  If we do bring in Tarkowski one of them has to go and if they can get 35 million for Mings thats good business. 

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Konsa 24 though potentially could become a regular in the England team.  If we do bring in Tarkowski one of them has to go and if they can get 35 million for Mings thats good business. 

Mings - 29 - at the peak of his career and semi regular England international right now. You don’t get rid of players like that based on the potential of another that is nowhere close to being realised. 

• Like 3

Just now, Ingram85 said:

Mings - 29 - at the peak of his career and semi regular England international right now. You don’t get rid of players like that based on the potential of another that is nowhere close to being realised. 

Ok 

20 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

12 months ago Konsa was a rising star and being tipped for an England call up. Obviously he’s dropped off a level this season,  there may be a fixable reason for this or it could be the simple fact that young players are often erratic. At 24 and a central defender he’s still just a kid really. Letting him go could seriously come back to bite us on the arse. 

If we’re still in for another CD I’d probably be more inclined to let Hause go and rather harshly Calum Chambers. A lot could depend on who is willing to stay and fight for the shirt and of course possible sales value of each player. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Konsa will never play for England until he learns how to bring the ball forward and stop hiding behind Mings

58 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Konsa is injured and will be out till the start of next season. I think that rules out a transfer of him this summer. 

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

This is the most Claret and Blue tinted statement I've ever seen.  Konsa is a mid-table defender at best and will never get an England cap, unless a dozen other CBs all are out for some reason.  He is bang average in every single stat as a defender and I'm glad we've moved to replace him in the team this summer.  

I can't see Mings wanting to stay as a backup but I think Konsa will. If we can sell Mings for 31m then that looks like a direct swap for Carlos and we can bring in Tarkowski on a free and probably get a few million for Hause. That would give us Tarkowski and Carlos as first choice CBs with Chambers and Konsa as backups for a net zero transfer fee. To me that looks much stronger to last year and would be a good bit of business imo

Edited by Peter Griffin
Fixed a typo
  • Like 1

Â