James Tarkowski

HalfTimePost

3 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Can’t see Newcastle signing Mings. They see themselves as CL challengers already and if we don’t want a player, they won’t take him.

How on earth have you come to the conclusion Newcastle see themselves as Champions League challengers already?

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

I think it would be tricky to sell for a price we're happy with yes.

What do you think the lowest we'd accept is? £20m? £25m?

Don't see a club paying it.

I’m constantly amazed how much clubs will pay for a footballer and the incredible wages they get too. So my guess is as good as yours.  I suppose much of it depends on how long is left on his contract, how much he wants to leave and who the buying club are. £20m plus and we’ve got our money back more or less. But if he goes the replacement cost has to be considered. If that happens first then perhaps that makes it a more simple equation. 

7 minutes ago, Khizzy said:

I wonder if this was a red herring now that the Carlos deal is pretty much done. 

I don't...  TBH, I could see us signing both of them and shipping Konsa/Hause out for 25-30 million, leaving us with Tarkowski, Carlos, Mings, & Chambers.  

30 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

How on earth have you come to the conclusion Newcastle see themselves as Champions League challengers already?

They couldn't even get their main targets in January by throwing huge stacks of cash at them.  Hell, the best manager they could find to replace Potato Head was Eddie Fookin' Howe.  I don't see them challenging for Europe for another couple of seasons.  They need to build a base first.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

They couldn't even get their main targets in January by throwing huge stacks of cash at them.  Hell, the best manager they could find to replace Potato Head was Eddie Fookin' Howe.  I don't see them challenging for Europe for another couple of seasons.  They need to build a base first.  

Yeah but they’re the biggest club in Newcastle. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Khizzy said:

I wonder if this was a red herring now that the Carlos deal is pretty much done. 

Doubtful. Tarkowski is a free agent. Not sure why we’d pull that stunt with someone out of contract really. 

Like others have said, we could well get both. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Anyone know if Tarkowski starts right central defence or left alongside Ben Mee ? 

He's played RCB when Mee played and LCB in games that Mee was out. 

Don't think we're ever in for him that it matters though

Just now, MWARLEY2 said:

I think Mings js going to be made available. Tarkowski on the right and Carlos on the left of central defence. 

Would give great balance and experience. 

Meaning we'd sell our captain 2 seasons in a row

And start a new season with a brand new CB pairing

Has either of them happened before? Take mings out of it for a minute and just look at the logic of those 2 things, it's not likely based on that alone 

2 hours ago, KMitch said:

I don't...  TBH, I could see us signing both of them and shipping Konsa/Hause out for 25-30 million, leaving us with Tarkowski, Carlos, Mings, & Chambers.  

As much as I rate Tarkowski I really hope we don't do that. Leaves us with three CBs 29-30 and Chambers must not be far off that age given he's been around nearly a decade now.

Should be either Carlos/Tarkowski and seems we've chosen Carlos.

Next step needs to be a more long term option which is why I like the Bassey links as he fits the profile nicely and can cover LB.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Meaning we'd sell our captain 2 seasons in a row

And start a new season with a brand new CB pairing

Has either of them happened before? Take mings out of it for a minute and just look at the logic of those 2 things, it's not likely based on that alone 

Mings won’t be captain next season, even if he stays.

3 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

I don’t believe Howe or his DoF does, it’s mostly the fans so far. But I do think they’re planning to reach Europe if not this coming season so definitely the next, and will try to make deals accordingly.

Â