James Tarkowski

HalfTimePost

39 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

It's difficult without European football, and we can't seem to get past the first couple of rounds of the cups either lately.

Hopefully that changes with a stronger squad. We must be due more favourable draws in the early rounds too. 

7 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Hopefully that changes with a stronger squad. We must be due more favourable draws in the early rounds too. 

This!! Our last 3 draws, all early rounds have been Liverpool, Chelsea and Man Utd. What are the odds of that even happening given the volume of teams in those draws. Chelsea’s entire run to the FA cup semi (where they met Palace) was all lower league.

19 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

This!! Our last 3 draws, all early rounds have been Liverpool, Chelsea and Man Utd. What are the odds of that even happening given the volume of teams in those draws. Chelsea’s entire run to the FA cup semi (where they met Palace) was all lower league.

We played Barrow in between 😉

Very surprised if we chose Diego Carlos over him. There's loads more risk attached to Carlos. 

If they both joined, they'd be starting together.

I think the next few years for Everton is battling to get out the bottom half. I don't think that's the likely scenario for us. Thought he'd be bored of bottom half relegation battles by now.

5 hours ago, PaulC said:

Konsa 24 though potentially could become a regular in the England team.  If we do bring in Tarkowski one of them has to go and if they can get 35 million for Mings thats good business. 

No way, Konsa is nowhere near international level. Unfortunately he got injured, otherwise we would've sold him for sure.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

No way, Konsa is nowhere near international level. Unfortunately he got injured, otherwise we would've sold him for sure.

Tarkowski is eligible for Poland, so he could partner Cash yet 😀

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

No way. He’s a great player but had a below par season. We were all calling for him to get in the England squad last season and Gerrard has said he likes him and wouldn’t  consider selling. Think Carlos is going to start, with Konsas lengthy layoff and then they’ll be direct competition, along with Mings.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

I’d rather keep Mings than have Tarkowski. 

hear hear. i only want JT if mings is staying put

2 hours ago, stegzy said:

No way. He’s a great player but had a below par season. We were all calling for him to get in the England squad last season and Gerrard has said he likes him and wouldn’t  consider selling. Think Carlos is going to start, with Konsas lengthy layoff and then they’ll be direct competition, along with Mings.

Yes, most here were touting him, but I wasn't. Mings been carrying him all along.

4 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

We once played Man. United in 3rd round of FA cup in 2002, 04 and 07. Higher statistical improbability than Leicester winning the league.

Chelsea get ridiculously easy FA cup draws every single season in last decade.

Main thing is to get mostly home draws as if you study our two runs to cup finals in last 7 years we played pretty much every tie at VP. Blackpool, Bournemouth, Leicester and West Brom was our home run in 2015.

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Very surprised if we chose Diego Carlos over him. There's loads more risk attached to Carlos. 

If they both joined, they'd be starting together.

I think the next few years for Everton is battling to get out the bottom half. I don't think that's the likely scenario for us. Thought he'd be bored of bottom half relegation battles by now.

Guess it's a case of staying in North west so easier commute given loads in the MON era were coming in from Cheshire plus think Everton are more desperate to get him so will probably offer higher wage.

Leicester could really do with Tarkowski so they could be late interest from them here unless they've already found another european CB.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Express and star say we have dropped our interest as we have signed carlos

Which makes complete sense. We needed a ball playing CB who could partner Mings and we signed one. I can't see what use Tarkowski would be now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Move to OT he's having a medical at Everton 

Last rumour I saw was 5 year deal at £120k a week

Better than what they have but that's a proper Everton signing 

I guess one way of looking at the signing is it saves Everton having to play Michael Keane who is not a good CB in my opinion, so should make Everton better defensively. I think he will be a good signing for Everton. Tarkowski was not needed by us though, as I rate Mings as a better player for our requirements.

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

120k a week for 5 years is a massive outlay considering their current financial predicament!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

he's 29, a solid defender and they got him on a free transfer.

not too bad honestly.

• Like 1

Â