Match Thread: Man City v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

What a signing Chambers has been

His reading of Mings struggling with that header* and mopping up vs jesus was brilliant defending, I'm not sure konsa has that in him

* mings struggled because it was a great ball

• Like 3

Good effort so far from the Villa. Chambers has been brilliant, Olsen looks decent aside from some nervy passes. Watkins’ touch and close control is sadly lacking, but he’s putting pressure on Fernandinho who looks dodgy. 

Do we dare to believe we might get a result here?

Answer: no, we’ll probably lose 4-1

Ollie, you can’t walk it into the net son. 

superb goal from Digne-Cash. Can feel the nerves in that stadium, if we can keep them out for the first 10 minutes they’ll really start to flap. Great entertainment! 

• Like 1

Just now, Thug said:

Ollie Ollie Ollie.

How can someone be so good and so crap at the exact same time?

Confidence

Was desperately trying to open his body up and get it on to his right rather than take it on his left

1 minute ago, Awol said:

Ollie, you can’t walk it into the net son. 

superb goal from Digne-Cash. Can feel the nerves in that stadium, if we can keep them out for the first 10 minutes they’ll really start to flap. Great entertainment! 

You could hear some unrest in the crowd a few minutes after we scored. They're restless already. 

• Like 1

Just now, VillaFaninLondon said:

VAR once again not doing its job, Fernandinho clearly fouled Watkins and could easily have been off. 

I just do not see the point in VAR, absolute waste of space.

Agreed. The guidance for when refs should call on VAR isn’t at all clear. It’s still the Wild West. I actually think some of the refs are hostile to it, won’t call it over their own judgement