Nottingham Forest

Demitri_C

39 minutes ago, Zatman said:

In fairness if they raised it and PGMOL ignored it then its a red flag

Hopefully this will lead to PGMOL being disbanded and a proper referee agency comes in

In fairness nothing, their statement is a joke. 'When we implied that the VAR was a corrupt crook engaged in a conspiracy against us, we to be clear did not mean anything about any individual official, of course not. But he shouldn't have been selected because . . . reasons'.

They haven't even got the courage of their shitty convictions. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

clearings in the woods Neville and Carragher reaction to it has also been embarrassing. Shows agenda against non cartel clubs as if was United or Liverpool be uproar

I agree. Neville arguing they shouid just leave it to the managers is pointless as nothing changes. Forest calling them out means they will be hit hard but it might lead to something being done about either the corruption or incompetence of refs. Probably not though!

27 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

In fairness nothing, their statement is a joke. 'When we implied that the VAR was a corrupt crook engaged in a conspiracy against us, we to be clear did not mean anything about any individual official, of course not. But he shouldn't have been selected because . . . reasons'.

They haven't even got the courage of their shitty convictions. 

Forest completely shifted the goal posts with their follow up and it undermines them yet again. It’s all embarrassing still. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 479Villan said:

Guessing that if I ever want to wear an Ashley Young Villa top, Nottinghamshire ain't the place??

Could just claim it’s Luke Young…

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bobzy said:

I can't see why it would be corruption - but Forest and Wolves have had the most "big" decisions go against them by some distance.

it's funny, as in terms of net VAR interventions, Forest have the second most favorable record this season. 

Issue is that clubs are not showing the same level of energy when decisions goes for them.

Forest would celebrate like crazy if the roles were reversed and they won with Everton denied 3 stonewall decisions.

So ultimately clubs won't be taken seriously  until they stop contradict themselves.

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

Issue is that clubs are not showing the same level of energy when decisions goes for them.

Forest would celebrate like crazy if the roles were reversed and they won with Everton denied 3 stonewall decisions.

So ultimately clubs won't be taken seriously  until they stop contradict themselves.

Not sure I understand. It would not be their place to object on those grounds, it would be Everton's, no?

The standard of officiating is crap. Forest have had some high profile decisions go against them. Heck, you had Nuno crying in March about a conspiracy against them hence why they appointed Clattenburg. If you look at the news they complain a lot. 

The irony is, that Brentford had handball shouts against Forest last October not given and a penalty shout against their keeper. Frank was mad but Brentford did not tweet about it. 

Forest has made at least three PGMOL complaints since December. 

Forest throwing yet more paddies isn't going to fix this. 

The issue here really isn't that the decisions were wrong, it's the inconsistency of the decisions. As reflected in most posts on every football forum, sometimes these are given and sometimes they're not. It's like going to court for speeding when there's video evidence and 5 people getting fined and 3 points on their license and 5 people not getting punished. The 5 people getting away with it aren't going to complain, yet the 5 people getting punished are angry, and then when they appeal it they get another fine on top. You'd be livid if it was you.

Until there's consistency in the application of the rules we're going to go round and round never getting a solution. Ultimately VAR should be removed until then, and we use automated technology for offside and the ball crossing the line. If the match officials get the decision wrong because of human error in real time you may be upset, but you could also understand it. That's the way the game had been played for years and years and it was ok with me.

1 hour ago, Jonesy7211 said:

The issue here really isn't that the decisions were wrong, it's the inconsistency of the decisions. As reflected in most posts on every football forum, sometimes these are given and sometimes they're not. It's like going to court for speeding when there's video evidence and 5 people getting fined and 3 points on their license and 5 people not getting punished. The 5 people getting away with it aren't going to complain, yet the 5 people getting punished are angry, and then when they appeal it they get another fine on top. You'd be livid if it was you.

Until there's consistency in the application of the rules we're going to go round and round never getting a solution. Ultimately VAR should be removed until then, and we use automated technology for offside and the ball crossing the line. If the match officials get the decision wrong because of human error in real time you may be upset, but you could also understand it. That's the way the game had been played for years and years and it was ok with me.

I don't think gouging your own eyes out is solving anything.  People keep blaming VAR but it's not the camera or the TV screen it's the incompetent people watching it and making inconsistent judgements. 

Whingeing Cry babies. Just get on with doing the business on the pitch. Thought of the three incidents only the third was a nailed on pen. But this happens to most teams over time. Always been part of the game. No doubt over time they will be the occasional beneficiary of such calls. Silly reaction from them claiming a Luton fan was behind this. And Clattenenburg should just get himself a proper job.

1 hour ago, tinker said:

I don't think gouging your own eyes out is solving anything.  People keep blaming VAR but it's not the camera or the TV screen it's the incompetent people watching it and making inconsistent judgements. 

That's the point I was making. The human element of VAR is so inconsistent. Until this is removed we should automate what we can, but VAR should be stopped until it can be applied evenly and consistently.

Â