Slipping Over / Pitch Maintenance

Mister_a

Not a dig on Stevie lol...

I was just wondering if anyone who watches any more PL football that just Villa notices a preponderance of other teams always slipping over at a crucial moment. Last night vs Liverpool was noticeable to me. 

Is it the studs / blades too short, or are we massively over watering the pitch to gain some kind of advantage and that just makes us slip over a lot negating said advantage. Really confused as why we don't sort it out.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Mister_a said:

I was just wondering if anyone who watches any more PL football that just Villa notices a preponderance of other teams always slipping over at a crucial moment. Last night vs Liverpool was noticeable to me. 

Is it the studs / blades too short, or are we massively over watering the pitch to gain some kind of advantage and that just makes us slip over a lot negating said advantage. Really confused as why we don't sort it out.

Was the same at Wolves and Burnley we had players slipping

• Like 1

It's been a bugbear of mine for some time and I've moaned about it on here before.  We always seem to slip over more than the other team we are playing.  This is a consistent issue. 

7 hours ago, Mister_a said:

Did Liverpool players, slip over much?

Is it the pitch, studs or simply indecision and changing their mind, in terms of their positioning?

7 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Bring back the pitch guy who PSG stole

My mother in law to be is friends with his wife. Apparently they’re paying him bucketloads and he loves it over there. We’ve lost a gem it seems.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, sidcow said:

It's been a bugbear of mine for some time and I've moaned about it on here before.  We always seem to slip over more than the other team we are playing.  This is a consistent issue. 

Brandon Williams wishes this were true.

We’ve all noticed this slipping over problem, but does it really happen to us more than other teams? Obviously we notice it when it happens to us but most of us watch many more of our games than other  team’s games. When our players slip it naturally matters, if another team have a problem,  we either don’t notice or enjoy the consequences, if there are any. I’d be interested to know if there are any stats on this and if clubs, particularly us, monitor them?

Edited by DaveAV1

Â