Slipping Over / Pitch Maintenance

Mister_a

39 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

We’ve all noticed this slipping over problem, but does it really happen to us more than other teams? Obviously we notice it when it happens to us but most of us watch many more of our games than other  team’s games. When our players slip it naturally matters, if another team have a problem,  we either don’t notice or enjoy the consequences, if there are any. I’d be interested to know if there are any stats on this and if clubs, particularly us, monitor them?

It certainly happens more than it has done for us previously in the last few months.

I know it happens away from home but it was the Arsenal game i think. The pitch was absolutely soaked at half time and come second half players were losing footing several times and the pitch was kicking up.

The pitch was relaid a few years back so I'm at a loss. Did we lose a groundsmen?Might be a drainage issue or something

We’ve all noticed this slipping over problem, but does it really happen to us more than other teams? Obviously we notice it when it happens to us but most of us watch many more of our games than other  team’s games. When our players slip it naturally matters, if another team have a problem,  we either don’t notice or enjoy the consequences, if there are any. I’d be interested to know if there are any stats on this and if clubs, particularly us, monitor them?

It certainly happens more than it has done for us previously in the last few months.

I know it happens away from home but it was the Arsenal game i think. The pitch was absolutely soaked at half time and come second half players were losing footing several times and the pitch was kicking up.

The pitch was relaid a few years back so I'm at a loss. Did we lose a groundsmen?Might be a drainage issue or something

27 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Alright, alright, we heard you the first time. 😀

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

If you think it's bad when watching TV you'll be amazed how often players are just slipping off the ball.

This conjures all up sorts of nonsense imagery in my head :D

Players just re-positioning slightly in defence and completely stacking it.

Surely Gerrard and his team have noticed this and will address it. It's maddening seeing players slip on the pitch while in possession and lose it. As if we need further/external impediments to our ability to control a football.

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

At least half a dozen time per home game at the moment.  Not sure what is going on.

They seem to spray more water on it than they used to?

image.jpeg.28e6640eca19ba15dad25dfbbeb1cc45.jpeg

59 minutes ago, John said:

They seem to spray more water on it than they used to?

image.jpeg.28e6640eca19ba15dad25dfbbeb1cc45.jpeg

Thanks for the picture John. I was unsure what you meant… 😂 also looks like it’s about to piss down in this photo, so definitely doesn’t need watering!

I do agree. We seem to over water it and every player slips all over the place. Something not quite right! 

Edited by villan-scott
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â