vs Man Utd in Perth (July 23rd)

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

From even in the last few friendlies I thought to myself " you can already see that Kamara is going to need help ".

He does some outstanding things, only for another midfielder to toss it all up.

Yeah I absolutely love having Kamara at the club, really rate him. But he's going to be so exposed in this position and some are expecting him to fix a problem that isn't fixable by a single player.

2 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

The other team seem to be coping alright on it

They aren’t playing slick passing football - they’re just not carelessly giving the ball away.

3 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I'm not blaming SG alone, but maybe it's time we accept that a few of our darlings aren't gonna take us any further. 

People want to pick on Watkins, and if I'm honest he needs to do better. However you can argue, that McGinn over a long period hasn't been good enough often enough and Mings is falling into that category too.

At the moment the only system we seem to have is get it wide to Digne or Cash who put crosses under pressure into two strikers who are out of sync with each other and the rest of the team.

Similar to the Grealish days we're then going to rely on Coutinho to produce some magic moment to give us any hope...

This. People expect top half but we have a lot of players who aren’t top half quality. The result is therefore not top half. Watkins, Mings, McGinn, Douglas Luiz and Ramsey don’t get into any top half teams. Ramsey is a bit different as he has potential but the rest are replaceable. 

• Like 1

The pre season cop out is strong. 

I don’t care if we lost this, what I want to see is some ideas and any sort of philosophy with the team. That’s been lacking in every game. 

• Like 2

Just now, The_Steve said:

Can't believe we didn't peform in a pre-season match where on a pitch that would embarass Sundy League teams.

Gerrard Out.

Because it’s the same stage of pre-season and both teams are playing on the same pitch.  Yet one team looks fit, driven, skilful and can pass and the other team looks lost and slow and unfit.

Just now, UpTheVilla26 said:

The worst thing watching that is the amount of times we've had possession and it has had to be passed backwards. Total lack of movement and creativity. 

We need a new striker, that's clear as day. 

Disagree

To me we need players to give a shit, which seeing as its pre season there's an excuse there but when the real stuff starts and it's exactly the same that excuse disappears

I don't know how as a club we've managed to have poor movement for about 20 years now 

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Should we be a little bit concerned about Coutinho's form?

We should! Playing ings and watkins isnt helping them tho, Get him with Buendia and Bailey

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Job title aside, all evidence would suggest he's not actually the one who coaches them.

So I think what you mean to say is that Beale and more recently Critchley (though early days for him) are poor coaches.

Add to that Danks, O'Kelly, Terry, and pretty much everyone who has led training under the last couple of managers, because we've always played shit football.

It's not as simple as, "Stevie G is shit innit"

He's the head coach, and while he's admitted in the past he works closely with his assistants he's also said he has the final say. He picks the 11. He picks the formation. He picks his coaches. Nevertheless I'm happy to concede and say that the management as a collective is failing, but ultimately he's in charge and represents the team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

Not really, they just looked better than us! 

We look like a mid-table team, they are probably a 5-6th place team.

Kind of the point I'm trying to make, whilst trying to tell people not to overreact.

They've battered teams in pre season, and have quality in depth all over the pitch.

They battered Liverpool.

I'm still not worried ( Yet ).

Some of these players will be playing themselves into, and out of the Bournemouth lineup

We have decent players but no rythm or momentum going forward. The formation is too narrow and the options for our creative players are too few when everyone gets sucked in.

We also seem to have too many players wanting the ball to feet - which naturally pull them even more narrow and slowing down the play. 

I have a feeling we would be better off if Chambers started the season for us. I think he is currently our best central defender.

Edited by MackHaakon

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Should we be a little bit concerned about Coutinho's form?

Yes I think that's a fair observation, seems very quiet and timid and not really demanding the ball...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

The worst thing watching that is the amount of times we've had possession and it has had to be passed backwards. Total lack of movement and creativity. 

We need a new striker, that's clear as day. 

I don’t think it’s solely a striker issue. End of the first half was a glimpse into the issue as a whole and that seems to be lack of energy moving forward. Think it was Coutinho (could be wrong) winning the ball and everyone around seemed to just saunter up the pitch. Didn’t see any real drive to push the ball forward.

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

They’re managing to carve us open at will, they’re playing on the same pitch…

Sure, but they aren’t playing intricate passing football. The pitch is **** awful.

Their second goal was a ball over the top of a far-too-static Mings with a complete mishit going in off the back of Cash. Hardly “wow, Man Utd!”

Â