Pre-match thread

wedge

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

over the moon for the lad, Digne too, we will walk this.

Good luck to young Tim who has looked good in his cameos so far, hope his first start goes well. Also good to see Digne back who I thought was out for longer.

We're well overdue a win especially at Villa Park, need to do a professional job today. 

• Like 2

Good to see Tim starting, I’d have like to have seen Buendia but I suppose we’ve got to try and get players into form at some point. Hope Bailey justifies his selection today. Glad Digne is back. 

Time to finally get a win hopefully!

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

I found it strange that Gerrard said in his presser that he hadn't told the squad the team yet.

I can only think of two reasons for that:

1) worried about someone leaking the team to smith?!?!, which doesn't make sense.

2) or, we might see an unexpected starter, like Timmy?

I called it!!!!!

image.png.6f3403c618de28af628d1a12ed700aa2.png

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

Just now, VillaFaninLondon said:

Good luck to young Tim who has looked good in his cameos so far, hope his first start goes well. Also good to see Digne back who I thought was out for longer.

We're well overdue a win especially at Villa Park, need to do a professional job today. 

Gerrard is still tinkering but I'm at a loss as to why Emi2 isn't getting more of a look in. I really like chambers, I'm still undecided on Konza, I think a right footed CB is on the cards with Konza maybe moving on. Brilliant to see Digne, hope he has a Stormer and can stay fit and build some momentum, I think he's key.

The big news is Tim, what a day for the lad, hope he smashes it.

• Like 2

Any time I've ever said this in the past, the collective performance has made a liar of me, however: that's the right team selection by and large.

Well, if Ollie Watkins could hit a barn door with a banjo, it'd be right.

Edited by est1874

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Ideal spot for Luiz to excel with Tim behind him .

Play the fat lad who can't move doesn't get on the ball hardly hides constantly and gives the ball away for fun.

But he's a good lad.

**** off.

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148860zcxfphf6aiu4p2s4q

you plonker Rodney 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

So Coutinho is undroppable and Gerrard plays his mates over form or team set up.

Konsa dropped instantly though. Pleased to see TI in however.

Really disappointed with Gerrard so far.

Konsa shouldn’t have ever gotten his place back from Chambers

• Like 2