Pre-match thread

wedge

6 hours ago, Zero7 said:

I would not be surprised to see Deano turning us over, they are fighting for their lives. 

Hmm, fighting for their lives with 4 points from their last 10 games. 

Having said that, it would be a very Villa type of event if they beat us. It’s what we do. 😕

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Has anybody on here every bet against the Villa? Thinking of putting a tenner on based on those odds on Norwich as our tendency is to give easy goals away.  That way I can delight if we win but cry if we lose but have a bit extra coinage in the pocket to spend on Sunday.  Feels almost blasphemous though to bet against Villa.  My luck it’d be a draw then 😂

Yes quite often I have a bet for Villa to lose and it is a steady second income!

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Ollie

Bailey           Coutinho           Buendia

Ramsey          Iroegbunam

Young      Mings       Chambers     Cash

Iroegbunam falling deeper when Ramsey bombs forward. Sod it lets go gung ho!

I feel like that midfield will be lambs to the slaughter lol, drop bailey and stick marv in there and I think it would work 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I feel like that midfield will be lambs to the slaughter lol, drop bailey and stick marv in there and I think it would work 

So Marv where Ramsey is, and Ramsey where Bailey is?

Yeah that would be good too.

• Like 1

we will win because they are below us in the table. One of only a few now, but seeing as that's the only time we ( mostly ) get our points we can be confident  of 3 points and absolutely all will be right with the world again. Until we have to play someone above us in the table obviously. 

1 hour ago, AVTuco said:

We really want to win

Have you watched us recently? 😂 Apart from a period last game I’ve not seen us “really want to win”, has been more “really want to be on the beach”

20 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Have you watched us recently? 😂 Apart from a period last game I’ve not seen us “really want to win”, has been more “really want to be on the beach”

First half vs Spurzzz? We were brilliant but not precise in front of goal. That’s only 2 games ago. 

we’ve created chances most games, despite the results but lack ruthlessness up front and then let down by defensive errors.

• Like 1

I think we will get a penalty, graydon will take it, keelan will save it but the ball comes off the post back into play and graydon will then score....

So a 1 - 0 win for us ........sorry I just woke up.... I dreamt it was the 1975 LCF when I was 16 years old at this game with me dear old dad, and I remember being right behind the goal....a great day and the start of a fantastic 8 year spell for the Villa.

• Like 1

It's unthinkable that Villa might lose this one but we all know it does happen, when everything goes right for a struggling team, against a side which on paper should enjoy a comfortable win.

Villa will need to be totally professional to minimise the chances of a calamity.

41 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

First half vs Spurzzz? We were brilliant but not precise in front of goal. That’s only 2 games ago. 

we’ve created chances most games, despite the results but lack ruthlessness up front and then let down by defensive errors.

Wow the whole first half two games ago? Wow, how aren’t we further up the league? 😂 we are poor at creating chances generally as our xG this season shows.  

We generally look like we just want the season over and I’m not sure how anybody can argue with that.

Edited by nick76

7 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

I think we will get a penalty, graydon will take it, keelan will save it but the ball comes off the post back into play and graydon will then score....

So a 1 - 0 win for us ........sorry I just woke up.... I dreamt it was the 1975 LCF when I was 16 years old at this game with me dear old dad, and I remember being right behind the goal....a great day and the start of a fantastic 8 year spell for the Villa.

Deja Vu.😀

16 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

It's unthinkable that Villa might lose this one but we all know it does happen, when everything goes right for a struggling team, against a side which on paper should enjoy a comfortable win.

Villa will need to be totally professional to minimise the chances of a calamity.

I don't think we are playing well enough, to expect a comfortable win in this league against anybody.

I think if we do, think we can.....we are setting ourselves up, for disappointment.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

If SG plays both Coutinho and Buendia, I hope he has a plan to try and move their defence around a bit more. Otherwise it could be like those fairly recent games against Newcastle and Watford where they park the bus, we try and play through centrally but create zero actual chances.

• Like 1