Pre-match thread

wedge

Can't expect us to beat a all but mathematically already down Norwich at home as we don't have a word class midfield.

After all we are up against the likes of Kenny McLean, Mathias Normann and the fish pun guy.

This should/must be a game where our flawed tactic actually works because Norwich are so bad that leaving 1 guy alone to cover the whole of the midfield should still be OK.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

If SG plays both Coutinho and Buendia, I hope he has a plan to try and move their defence around a bit more. Otherwise it could be like those fairly recent games against Newcastle and Watford where they park the bus, we try and play through centrally but create zero actual chances.

It doesn't matter who you play and where......if they don't do whats asked of them and they become passengers, the whole thing fails.

11 players doing their bit and applying themselves to the task......we win.

18 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

8 - 0

Sorry Deano

You realise it only counts as one goal when we score unlike rugby or NFL? 😂.  I’m hoping that we have 8 shots to begin with to give us a chance of scoring a couple.

58 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The expectation that a comfortable win is a " given " in matches like this, always scares the crap out of me.

Yep me too, against a team that while crap they have nothing now really to play for, a manager that knows our players as well as we do or their flaws. We haven’t been playing well, we concede early goals and we don’t create many chances and think we are at the beach and this will be an easy win.  

We should batter these but it wouldn’t be out of the realms to lose to an early 1-0.  

I hate games like this when you expect to win but you are in poor form.  

• Like 1

I found it strange that Gerrard said in his presser that he hadn't told the squad the team yet.

I can only think of two reasons for that:

1) worried about someone leaking the team to smith?!?!, which doesn't make sense.

2) or, we might see an unexpected starter, like Timmy?

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Have you watched us recently? 😂 Apart from a period last game I’ve not seen us “really want to win”, has been more “really want to be on the beach”

We wanted to stop the rot last week, and I'm sure iur players want to win this one. Then it's time for the beach🙂

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I found it strange that Gerrard said in his presser that he hadn't told the squad the team yet.

I can only think of two reasons for that:

1) worried about someone leaking the team to smith?!?!, which doesn't make sense.

2) or, we might see an unexpected starter, like Timmy?

Mole in the camp? 🤔

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

We wanted to stop the rot last week, and I'm sure iur players want to win this one. Then it's time for the beach🙂

I hope they want to win this one and a few more before the beach, having only 40 points at the end of the season won’t sit right with me.

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think it'll be the same scoreline as our last home win.

I had to check what that was it was so long ago😂 8 weeks since we last won at home.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Was just thinking as well, had Deano held fire a little, he probably could have had the Burnley job, which probably has better prospects.

Right colours as well, almost.

They really dont. If Burnley go down they are gone. They are in so much trouble financially if they do

Norwich are in decent condition