Pre-match thread

wedge

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Buendia should have been first name on the sheet yet remains on the bench. 😞

Maybe he is still not 100%? 

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

I think Gerrard wants to see if Bailey is worth keeping. Buendia has been promised a place next season, I'm sure of it.

Could also be wanting to decide on Coutinho for next season? 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

So many miserable people moaning about the team selection. Should make for an enjoyable match thread.

We should win this regardless of any selection. The fact Gerrard again just picks his mates Watkins McGinn and Coutinho is a joke. They've been shite every week for the last 5 games. Utterly abject.

9 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I think Gerrard wants to see if Bailey is worth keeping. Buendia has been promised a place next season, I'm sure of it.

I too think this could be the case. Bailey is essentially on trial between now and the end of the season albeit if he doesn’t play well, I think he’ll be difficult to shift. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

We should win this regardless of any selection. The fact Gerrard again just picks his mates Watkins McGinn and Coutinho is a joke. They've been shite every week for the last 5 games. Utterly abject.

Watkins and McGinn were two of our better performers against Leicester. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, sne said:

Would have had Buendia for Bailey and Luiz for McGinn but nice that Timmy get's a start.

A draw here and we should be safe from relegation.

Bailey needs more starts, if we keep benching him how we gonna get the best out of him? 

17 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

This is what i think. Also i think playing bailey and giving him a run helps bring best out of him

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Bailey needs more starts, if we keep benching him how we gonna get the best out of him? 

Could say the same for Buendia.

The idea that Buendia is fine with sitting on the bench because he's been told he will play next season seems far fetched to me.

• Like 3

Just now, sne said:

Could say the same for Buendia.

The idea that Buendia is fine with sitting on the bench because he's been told he will play next season seems far fetched to me.

My problem when buendia is he has actually done better as a sub than starting. I think emi is abit unlucky but even if countinho has been abit consistent you aint ddopping him in a game like this

Find it odd that Konsa has been dropped after a decent clean sheet performance, rather than keeping Chambers in when Konsa came back or after the Spuds performance. I don't really get this bloke in charge. 

Hope Tim does well! 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

My problem when buendia is he has actually done better as a sub than starting. I think emi is abit unlucky but even if countinho has been abit consistent you aint ddopping him in a game like this

Don't agree with that.

But he was probably our best player against Leicester when he eventually got on.

Edited by sne