I'd go with:

Martinez

Konsa               Mings

Cash                                                          Digne/Young

Nakamba

McGinn          Ramsey

Buendia          Coutinho

Watkins 

Subs: Olsen, Bailey, Young/Digne, Luiz, Ings, Ireogbunam, Chambers, Chukwuemeka, Sanson.

• Like 2

Just now, The_Steve said:

People just need to move on from Smith - he will always be remembered for how he got us here, not how it ended. The idea that VP will turn on Gerrard against Norwich is just a silly flight of fancy. Most recognise we are a work in progress and want to see us finish the season well. 

Oh contraire.

HT 0-2, it'll be horrific.

And it will be noticed that Smith is the away manager.

• Like 1

On 23/04/2022 at 20:56, SuperTed said:

Hope Deano gets a brilliant reception. Don’t really care about the result to be honest, seasons over. 

I hope he gets a brilliant reception too. But I do care about the result because five games in a row without a win isn't good enough, wherever we are in the table and whatever stage of the season we're at. Today we've only stopped the losing rot, we didn't stop the winless rot.   :<

Edited by robby b
  • Like 2

Yes !!!  got in first but won’t be the only one.. 

Hopefully the team will show its superiority and the fans inside the ground will get behind them. Obviously a few on here will be negative whatever happens, anything less than a thrashing will be derided, and even a significant win will be be greeted with they are shit of course we should have won. 1-0 will be more evidence that the manager is shit and most of the squad need moving on, however we won’t get anymore points for a 5-0 win, and the overall result will have f**k all influence on the next game. We need a more patient fan base 

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

People just need to move on from Smith - he will always be remembered for how he got us here, not how it ended. The idea that VP will turn on Gerrard against Norwich is just a silly flight of fancy. Most recognise we are a work in progress and want to see us finish the season well. 

Is it though? Gerrard is not that liked by the fanbase. If Norwich turn up dominate the ball with a shitter team. It will be loud 

30 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Is it though? Gerrard is not that liked by the fanbase. If Norwich turn up dominate the ball with a shitter team. It will be loud 

We dominated them at their place earlier in the season ( With the same respective managers FYI ) I know it doesn't count, if it doesn't suit the narrative.

So why are Norwich all of a sudden going to come to VP and " dominate " us? ( As excited as I know some of you are by the prospect )

Then again, in the first game, they were probably still running on " Deano VTID dust " which Gerrard has now undoubtedly knocked out of them 🙃

As he's made all the players worse.

Some of our fans will probably be cheering louder for Deano and Norwich than our own anyway, that might give them the edge. 👍

Personally, I hope we absolutely wipe the floor with them in emphatic fashion.

U T V

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

After the clean sheet against Leicester the back 5 will be the same. For me the decisions are in midfield, should Tim or Marc start? Buendia looks great and will want to play against his former club. I’d like to see this:

Emi

Cash Konsa Mings Young

McGinn Tim Luiz

Buendia  Couthino 

Watkins

I’d like to see how we would get on with two 6s when we need to be a bit more defensive and free up McGinn to push on and get up with Buendia and Couts. Couthino has generally been good at home. 

• Like 1

-------------------------Martinez----------------------

Cash---------Konsa--------Mings-----Young

----------------------Iroegbunam-------------------

---------------Ramsey--------Luiz------------------

------Buendia---------------------Coutinho------

------------------------Watkins-----------------------

Subs; Olsen, Chambers, Chrisene, McGinn, Sanson, Chukwuemeka, Bailey, Ings, Traore

I think Gerrard will find room for McGinn, even though it's hard to make a case for him not being the one of the three that gets dropped to make room for Tim and I think it'll probably be Luiz moving to the bench. I'd start Buendia because he's good and because it's against his old club so he'll be motivated.

I can't find room for Nakamba on the bench.

• Like 2