Match Thread: Villa v Spurs

limpid

Just now, Niall said:

We've been wonderful since their goal. If only we had a top class striker!

i agree we have been great.

But it means nothing when you concede stupid goals and cant score even one of over 9000 chances.

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Leading on assists though 

I think if he was given majority of the starts his stats would look even better as well. Instead of trying this 2 striker formation or sitting him behind Watkins. I get it though, we needed a 2nd striker. No way we were going to start the season with Archer and Davis behind Watkins.

Edited by Aston_Villan4

Apart from the fubar moment in first three minutes we have played well.

However, those missed chances will come.back to bite us.

Let's hope they don't but knowing villa...spurs will get one sniff and it's game over 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

its mind boggling that we have 55m+ worth of strikers on the field, and they couldnt finish even one of those chances.

They both need selling in the summer and we need to bring someone in who can.

It doesn't get you much anymore,what's Haalands asking price about 150 mill.?

Plenty of effort - but little craft.

Notice the difference that spurs attack on 42 minutes from which they nearly scored looked effortless - every spurs play knew what they were doing.

Pretty sure we can grab a goal. But can we keep spurs out.?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Best half in a while. I can take a loss if we actually fight for the game. I’d have Mcginn off, nakamba holding and get Luiz forward

We’re playing well leave it as it is. DL has been brilliant at DM. Seems to be picking up Kane really well. 

Most frustrating game ever, played really well should be winning by several goals but still losing. I feel like we need more from Watkins and Ings, he probably won't get on the pitch before Buendia and Bailey, but I think this is the kind of game that would suit Chukwuemeka.