Season tickets 2022/23

OutByEaster?

15 hours ago, AV82 said:

Not sure if I want to renew this year if I'm honest. Travelling to and from the ground is **** effort. 30 min walk from the car in the blistering cold.

That's my issue too travelling from Oxfordshire, and it's an absolute nightmare getting in and out.

Last time I took the train I got stuck at Banbury station for 3 hours on the way back.

18 hours ago, meregreen said:

Blimey, your right John. Think the entrance was 5 bob for Adults and 2 /6 for kids. Knew there was a five in there somewhere. I’m getting old 😞

We both are mate, but don't tell anyone, I don't think anyone else has noticed....:D

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

That's my issue too travelling from Oxfordshire, and it's an absolute nightmare getting in and out.

Last time I took the train I got stuck at Banbury station for 3 hours on the way back.

Sounds similar to my way of thinking 2 hrs from newmarket (suffolk) to Vila Park and 2hrs back is becoming a chore when being subject to some of our performances this season.

Dont mind the 30mins walk from star city gives me chance to stretch my legs on the way to the ground. Whereas on the way back all I can think of is why do I bother....!

• Like 2

According to another well known fan site, Villa season tickets will be going up a minimum of 10% across the board with the added hit of some of the cheaper 'zones' being abolished and concession rates being reduced.

Which, as I understand it, would mean a concession seat in, say Zone 5, would have a very big increase coming.

1 hour ago, jackbauer24 said:

According to another well known fan site, Villa season tickets will be going up a minimum of 10% across the board with the added hit of some of the cheaper 'zones' being abolished and concession rates being reduced.

Which, as I understand it, would mean a concession seat in, say Zone 5, would have a very big increase coming.

Adult seat in North Lower around 25%, Holte Lower (where I am) around 17.5%, according to that.

Fully expected a decent increase at some point, looks like we are getting one. The timing isn’t great given all the other increases in the cost of living atm. I personally feel we’ve been lucky that our ST’s are one of the cheapest in the league, so no real complaints from me. My biggest worry is we will lose some good fans on the back of it, who will be replaced by plastics who don’t hold any real affinity to the club. 

Edited by WHY
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WHY said:

Fully expected a decent increase at some point, looks like we are getting one. The timing isn’t great given all the other increases in the cost of living atm. I personally feel we’ve been lucky that our ST’s are one of the cheapest in the league, so no real complaints from me. My biggest worry is we will lose some good fans on the back of it, who will be replaced by plastics who don’t hold any real affinity to the club. 

Timing deffo not great. Also seems odd when about to reveal stadium expansion plans if that kills the demand. Unless this is a test of that demand before any major work starts?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomsky_11 said:

Timing deffo not great. Also seems odd when about to reveal stadium expansion plans if that kills the demand. Unless this is a test of that demand before any major work starts?

Good shout, would make sense from a business point of view.

Which clubs are we comparing our prices to though? Man. City, Spurs, Arsenal? I mean these clubs pretty much qualify for europe every season, get to cup finals and also London wages for a couple of those. We don't tend to have much of that.

Would be interested to see how we compare nowadays to likes of Brighton, Wolves and Southampton. Like it or not those are our peers currently with relation to league table.

I think that's the issue, can get away with 10% + increase if it corresponds on the pitch e.g. better calibre of player comes in like Coutinho and we start finishing regularly top 7 so quality is better.

Harder to get away with it if we're treading water still in 11th or 12th and with all respect to him Kienan Davis is playing upfront for us.

I assume the increase means we at least should be signing another couple of top players in the summer otherwise why do it, Coutinho + another I reckon.

Edited by VillaChris

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

So in summary, for most of us there will be an increase of 10%, it'll be more if you're in the Lower North Stand, much of the Lower Holte or anywhere with a Zone 6 ticket and a little bit more on top if you're under 21 or over 65.

This is the only issue I have with it is the concessions for youngsters and oldies.  

We need to be encouraging the next generation to come, with all the other things to take their attention more cost to them will push them away.  I know I struggle with my nephews when they can easily watch it on tv.  

At the other end my mom who turns 77 later this month, I’m not sure as a Villa fan all her life she’ll be impressed with the hike over the 10% for everybody else because of a reduced concession given everything else spiralling up cost wise, on her pension and still buying her season ticket this season despite the pandemic.  

Of course I’ll help with any cost but she might finally end her season ticket if it increases too much.  I’d rather general prices go up than impacting youngsters and oldies.

edit: thanks for the update by the way

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, delboy54 said:

I think we all suspected that prices will increase.

I agree we all expected increases and no surprise on 10% either.  I also mostly get the rezoning but the concession change (and I’ll wait to see what it is) sounds like not reading the room and BS. Just because other teams do it differently you don’t shaft the people on concessions.

We cant complain one of my mates pays well over a grand fir his season ticket at chelsea. He said they likely to go up even more he thinks because of the whole takeovee going on there.

I don't mind paying extra its only fair consieering the miney wes and nas have put inro the club. as long as its reasonable which it seems to be according to OBE 

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We cant complain one of my mates pays well over a grand fir his season ticket at chelsea. He said they likely to go up even more he thinks because of the whole takeovee going on there.

I don't mind paying extra its only fair consieering the miney wes and nas have put inro the club. as long as its reasonable which it seems to be according to OBE 

Chelsea is a London based club where salaries are massively higher and a team that consistently qualifies for the champions league and gets pretty far through most domestic competitions. You can't compare their season ticket price with ours. Even if we were as successful as them, I'd expect our tickets to cost less given the region our fans and club are based in.

That said, our prices are way below our relative peers too, and have been for some years. I would like to see the data they've used, but 10% sounds not far off. Tough pill to swallow in this age of everything skyrocketing in price though. 

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 2

Probably a silly question, but my son turns 18 in August. Season tickets obviously go on sale before that, so when I renew with I be charged a U18 fee given he will be 17 at the time of purchase, or adult prices as he will be 18 by the time the season starts?