Match Thread: Villa v Arsenal

limpid

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Exactly.

Stevie s preferred plan.

Don't bode well for next season.

Yep...  Very scared for this summer.  Sure, we may get Coutinho and a new midfield, but if that doesn't work, we just went backwards and have to write off another season, but with a much more expensive squad.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Gerrard is suffering from the old problem of trying to squeeze two quality players into a team where only one of them fits. Completely understand his dilemma, but I don’t think Buendia and Coutinho work together in this kind of game - we just can’t press with both of them in a front 3

• Like 1

0 shots on goal in 45 minutes, our midfield rolled over again and are having their bellies tickled.

If i had a pound for every time it was clear our midfield wasnt good enough, and we did nothing about it in successive windows, i would be retired in the Algarve by now.

Most limp disorganised half I've seen in a while. Poor passing poor positioning and terrible general play.

So predictable and we have managed to find a way to make big phil totally ineffective.

The midfield is the issue they have lacked any kind of responsibility that half, not helped by the ponderous predictable play from the back and watkins having yet another mare.

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

Gerrard is suffering from the old problem of trying to squeeze two quality players into a team where only one of them fits. Completely understand his dilemma, but I don’t think Buendia and Coutinho work together in this kind of game - we just can’t press with both of them in a front 3

i would play Buendia in the midfield 3 tbh, but to do that we need probably at least one really powerful player in there to compensate, but we dont.

Also, Watkins, he's really not that good.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

I would like to see Buendia benched in the second half. Not that that would ever happen though