Midweek Football 14/17 March

andykeenan

On 15/03/2022 at 23:29, Zatman said:

Simeone has now knocked out United, Liverpool, Leicester, Chelsea and Arsenal in Europe since he arrived

all 2nd legs away from home

im not sure ive seen a team play "make them do something" as well as atletico do

there is nothing on, they'll let you have the ball exactly where they want you to have it

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

im not sure ive seen a team play "make them do something" as well as atletico do

there is nothing on, they'll let you have the ball exactly where they want you to have it

for me he is the best about, he does pay big money but a. he wants players that he wants and not big name signings for the sake of it and b. Its his way or the highway

In Europe in knockout games he has knocked out Mourinho, Klopp, Allegri, Pep, Wenger, Emery and of course Bielsa 

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

for me he is the best about, he does pay big money but a. he wants players that he wants and not big name signings for the sake of it and b. Its his way or the highway

In Europe in knockout games he has knocked out Mourinho, Klopp, Allegri, Pep, Wenger, Emery and of course Bielsa 

The best of his type but not the best over all.  I doubt if Atletico will go on and win the tournament.  More likely one of the English clubs, Bayern or Real Madrid. 

I've got this one on the radio while I do a few things - has anything at all of interest happened in the first forty minutes?

I don't know if it's the coverage but it sounds like an absolute nothing of a game, which considering how massively important it is to the home side seems strange.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I've got this one on the radio while I do a few things - has anything at all of interest happened in the first forty minutes?

I don't know if it's the coverage but it sounds like an absolute nothing of a game, which considering how massively important it is to the home side seems strange.

dont think Everton have had a shot on target yet. It's all huff n puff from them. The crowd are trying there best to lift them.

Newcastle are the better team and have had a couple of half chances.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, imavillan said:

dont think Everton have had a shot on target yet. It's all huff n puff from them. The crowd are trying there best to lift them.

Newcastle are the better team and have had a couple of half chances.

Yeah reminds me of when they played us and they ran around plenty but offered very little in final third.

Feels like Saint Maximn will make the difference tonight if they get him on early second as Newcastle been pretty poor on the ball.

One goal certainly wins this.

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Typical Goodison crowd, appealing for a penalty when a newcastle player sneezes in the box.

• Like 1

Not seen much of Bruno Guimares before, as don't watch Ligue 1, think may have seen him off bench at Olympics... Wow what a player, the composure, weight of pass, how he uses his frame very similar to McGinn. No wonder he's raved about.

Everton severely lack quality, I like Gordon he reminds me a bit of Albrighton when he came through but he's very raw and erratic. 

Richarlison may be out of form but he works hard, still the fact him and Wesley have caps for Brazil shows how far off they are on an attacking front.

Doucoure and Allan are solid but rest of team are dismal. My word Iwobi is a total waste of space.

Still wouldn't be surprised to see them nick this though. Newcastle are the better team but don't look like scoring other than via set pieces. 

• Like 2

Â