Midweek Football 14/17 March

andykeenan

why is this challenge getting looked at by VAR? It's just a standard cynical foul that happens all the time. I'm all for these challenges being red cards but it would be bizarre if this is given as a red.

Just now, PieFacE said:

why is this challenge getting looked at by VAR? It's just a standard cynical foul that happens all the time. I'm all for these challenges being red cards but it would be bizarre if this is given as a red.

There was literally no attempt to play the ball. He wanted to take him down, and couldn't reach him with his arms, so wildly lunges studs up and foot in the air. Completely unnecessary. Could injure the guy for what, gaining 10 yards?

Just now, Keyblade said:

There was literally no attempt to play the ball. He wanted to take him down, and couldn't reach him with his arms, so wildly lunges studs up and foot in the air. Completely unnecessary. Could injure the guy for what, gaining 10 yards?

The lack of attempt to play the ball, and the desire to take him down is why it was a clear yellow.

I don’t think it was dangerous or uncontrolled enough to be a red. And I think similar tackles get shown a yellow most weeks.

• Like 1

Just now, Keyblade said:

It's about time these kinds of things were considered as serious foul play 

Yep, no attempt to play the ball, just launched himself at full speed at the opposition players legs.

That said, it never usually gets called as red, so based on precedent he's unlucky

Ridiculous decision, absolutely farcical.

So that’s given as a red because what? Allan’s foot was high? But so was Saint-Maximin’s so to take him down you have to go up high, taking someone out on the halfway line to stop a break is and always has been a part of football, you take the yellow card and move on.

And also how can they give a red for a high challenge there but nothing for the Brighton keeper or whichever clown kicked Luiz in the face on the weekend.

Ruining the game, one VAR decision at a time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I agree. But there's tons of these types of challenges every week and they're never reds. Always yellow.

I think they should be red for the best interest of the game, but they need to be consistent.

Edited by PieFacE

Â