Midweek Football 14/17 March

andykeenan

13 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I also don’t understand why every time the ref goes to the Tv screen he always overturns his original decision. It’s so predictable 

It’s a farce, VAR basically saying “you’ve made a mistake”, but rather than just save everyone a couple of minutes they have this review of the screen so the final decision remains with the on pitch ref.

Newcastle just played that second half happy to take the 0-0. Lack of ambition and Wood is awful in this set up, really miss Wilson's runs off the shoulder of CBs.

Everton weren't great but you always suspected they'd create a big chance and Iwobi for all his flaws finished it very well.

The plan is clear....make every game a war for rest of the season at Goodison so will be tuning in to see what happens when they play Chelsea and Man. United.

12 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

This was a bit more than a deliberate clip of the heels or a tug of the shoulder kind of tactical foul no? 

The foul itself is a yellow card even if it was done in earnest/mistimed. Surely the deliberateness of it should also be considered?

I get your point, and agree it was a stupid tackle, but I don't think that's how the rules work. He's been sent off for dangerous play, not because it was *also* cynical.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

2 losses on the bounce for Newcastle, Spurs next to hopefully make it a hat trick 

Annoying their run was so good as think they've still got to play all of Liverpool, Man. City and Arsenal in their run in.

They'll beat someone like Norwich away and that will be that but miles off top 10 based on tonight for next season.

7 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I get your point, and agree it was a stupid tackle, but I don't think that's how the rules work. He's been sent off for dangerous play, not because it was *also* cynical.

Fair enough, but I think it was also dangerous. Or put another way, unnecessarily dangerous. Why should a player have to take a set of studs to the ankle as a "tactical foul"?

If 2 players are going for the ball and one of them comes in like that it's not as dangerous as that player coming like that with eyes only for the player and that player not expecting the challenge. 

I wonder what the rules are if Allan lunged like that at him off the ball completely? Would it be different?

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Annoying their run was so good as think they've still got to play all of Liverpool, Man. City and Arsenal in their run in.

They'll beat someone like Norwich away and that will be that but miles off top 10 based on tonight for next season.

It really was crazy like 6 wins in a row or something. 

Pretty low quality game overall but that was a nice goal by Everton. 

Â