Kalvin Phillips

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

Well, then it would be the second summer in a row Man City were fleeced by a lower half club for a badly dressed Englishman.  

Just thought I would edit your comment Mr Kmitch 😉

Regards

Derek

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

In his mind we are a sideways step, no doubt...

We would think otherwise perhaps, football is so subjective after all...

If he comes here then he would think it’s a step up but if we bid, Leeds accept and he says no then he thinks we are a sideways move.  We’ll probably never know!  He must have concern at Leeds lack of investment, he must also admire our level of investment.

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

If he comes here then he would think it’s a step up but if we bid, Leeds accept and he says no then he thinks we are a sideways move.  We’ll probably never know!  He must have concern at Leeds lack of investment, he must also admire our level of investment.

Depends what his nan tells him. 

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

In his mind we are a sideways step, no doubt...

We would think otherwise perhaps, football is so subjective after all...

To him villa bidding for him when he's so tied to Leeds is probably similar to say if Southampton bid for Grealish. Won't entertain it. He will only leave for a relative change of winning..eg a sky 6 team

3 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

To him villa bidding for him when he's so tied to Leeds is probably similar to say if Southampton bid for Grealish. Won't entertain it. He will only leave for a relative change of winning..eg a sky 6 team

Yeah it had legs if they were relegated but it’s a zero percent chance now. And I think Leeds will spend a decent amount this summer and be good next year - why I would have preferred them to go down…

2 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Sounds like he’s off to City

Good. Decent move for him. Weakens Leeds and my Leeds supporting mate was adamant he’d stay now they’ve stayed up. I’ll have a little chuckle when he moves. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Good. Decent move for him. Weakens Leeds and my Leeds supporting mate was adamant he’d stay now they’ve stayed up. I’ll have a little chuckle when he moves. 

Plus they'll be surprised when they get less than half what we got for Grealish.

9 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Honestly don't see the fuss with this guy. Workmanlike, limited, spoiler.

If we’re going to pursue Bissouma if we can’t get Phillips, then I wish him well at City.

I think he's signing a new deal with Leeds.

Not sure how real the reported interest from Man City is, he'd hardly get any game time for them as as Rodri is the far superior player, people talk about Grealish being a bit part player, would be a lot worse for Phillips.

3 hours ago, KMitch said:

Well, then it would be the second summer in a row Man City were fleeced by a lower half club for an overrated Englishman.  

Yes but Pep will enjoy the comedy battle at next season title party 

35 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

Reo was made of iron but couldn't pass for shitt

I remember his (I think) first game for us down VP in a pre-season friendly against Milan. Barry got clarted and Reo stepped over him on the ground to go for the Milan player. Thought he was going to be our midfield General back then…

5 minutes ago, Awol said:

I remember his (I think) first game for us down VP in a pre-season friendly against Milan. Barry got clarted and Reo stepped over him on the ground to go for the Milan player. Thought he was going to be our midfield General back then…

He had the energy and pace and my god he was so strong for his size. But was possibly one of the most limited footballers we have had on our books in 20 years. 

• Like 1

Â